• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

project rav4

ya but sitting on a salvage title is really going to kill the resale potential.

cool project and nice car but I dont know if I would pay 11k for anything that
required that kind of work.

Does it matter what the resale is when you get a brand new car 1/2 off?

it's a great deal, especially w/ the front clip included...you've got everything there. Nice find.

my brother paints , so he does it for pretty much nothing , 11k may seem like alot but we sold her impala for 4k put that down on the toyota , and since i bought it from where i work (salvage yard) ill end up owing 7k @ 75/week interest free on an 07 with 3k miles...cant beat that

That's the way to do it... If you can find one thats an easy fixer upper and you know someone who can paint, salvage isn't a bad way to go for cheap low mileage cars.

11k? not bad seeing it retails over 23k only structural work that needs to be done is on the very end of the left frame rail where the rebar bolts on is bent up,you can see that in the first pic , the rest of the core support is all bolt together , easy fix really

It's hard to believe a 2007 RAV4 would retail for 23K. My god, what do they go for new? This thing's nearly 2 years old now.

It's hard to believe a 2007 RAV4 would retail for 23K. My god, what do they go for new? This thing's nearly 2 years old now.
that was kbb.com private party value which is probably inflated im figuring with a rebuilt title its probably worth like 18 or 19 but it doesnt matter because i am fixing it to keep and drive

project rav4 UPDATED progress pix

project rav4 UPDATED progress pix

got it all done under the hood ,all the inner structure painted and cooling installed , backpainting all the front end parts and putting in the airbags this weekend.

100_1970.jpg

100_1968.jpg

100_2008.jpg

100_2005.jpg

Back