• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop and paintmatching help!

Y2KSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok, so I've searched the internet, but I'm probably going to have to call Ford. I can't find the name of the color on my car. That's no biggie, unless someone knows the technical name off hand of this color?

The main question comes into play, with what everyone is doing to get a good color match out of a rattle can? I hear people talking about Duplicolor, but do their colors have the same names as the colors of Contour paint? Does Duplicolor make "torreador red" or "silver frost"? Or are you guys just getting something that looks close?

Anyway, here's a picture of my car. Any ideas on the name of this color? And could someone possibly take a stab at photoshopping these wheels onto the car, in 18"s? And you might as well lower the car an inch and a half. ;) Sorry, it's the only picture of that wheel I could find. Thanks!

EXEL-E-22-HL.gif

2496722_1_full.jpg

Mark

The company name is across the wheel my man, aint going to look too pretty.
Paintscratch.com does color by year. you might be able to figure it out there. Your door tag, where the vin is should have a paint code. Two characters probably. Duplicolor has numbers and codes too, to match. They dont make every color in rattle can however, What I did was went some where local to have them mix it for me. $40 for three cans (pint worth).

If you want to color match your wheels has it done proffesional, There are alot of color matched wheels done here in LV, i would think going pro for prep and paint would be best. They can spray it from a gun.

Tour Envy

Ok, so I've searched the internet, but I'm probably going to have to call Ford. I can't find the name of the color on my car. That's no biggie, unless someone knows the technical name off hand of this color?...

Anyway, here's a picture of my car. Any ideas on the name of this color?

Mark

Looks like FT -- Medium Charcoal Green Metallic.

2496722_1_full.jpg

:shrug: pisspoor I know...

I don't think they'd look good...straight spokes would be more suited to the body lines imo

LMFAO Patty! That made my friggin' day! LOL!!!!

TourEnvy, I'm not colormatching the wheels. :crazy: I'm actually wanting to paint eyelids on my headlights. I can buy eyelids for $45, but I'd have to paint those anyway. But I am interested in getting some wheels, and these caught my eye.

Mark

I concur...why bother w/ less & have to get 19's upon disappointment?

That's just it, I don't think I'd be disappointed. I think the factory 17"s look pretty good. I've seen some with 20"s, and it looks beyond ghetto. Maybe it was the style of wheel, or the stock suspension, but they didn't look good. I'll keep my options open, how about that? :laugh:

Mark

That's just it, I don't think I'd be disappointed. I think the factory 17"s look pretty good. I've seen some with 20"s, and it looks beyond ghetto. Maybe it was the style of wheel, or the stock suspension, but they didn't look good. I'll keep my options open, how about that? :laugh:

Mark

20" wheels look beyond ghetto on anything. 17" is probably the ideal size on that car.

Back