• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Caliper Colour Suggestion?

Deep

New CEG'er
Hi everyone, I got a silver frost 98 Contour SE. Just trying to get some helpful opinions from you guys whether to paint my four brake calipers red or a mustard yellow? (or keep them black). Can't decide which will look better.

Here's the link to pictures of my car for reference:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2115431

Thanks in advance!

You know...one of the first things I did when I got my car was painting the calipers red. I just recently resprayed them black right before SZ. IMO, a nice semi-gloss black finish looks pretty good, and it is easier to keep clean... But to each their own, do what you wanna do and what you like to look at. In the end, it is your car and you are the one driving it.

You know...one of the first things I did when I got my car was painting the calipers red. I just recently resprayed them black right before SZ. IMO, a nice semi-gloss black finish looks pretty good, and it is easier to keep clean... But to each their own, do what you wanna do and what you like to look at. In the end, it is your car and you are the one driving it.

X2, I painted mine black, much cleaner look and easier to maintain and keep a decent appearance.

Plus why paint stock calipers red, they're anemic enough, no reason to attract more attention to them.

i prefer red on a SF SVT :D

IMG_1479.jpg

I remember coming across that car on domain a while ago.. yours is one of my favs :)

why thank you you ought to see it now.. thanks to some snow last winter shes all banged up. its ok tho gave me an excuse to do some other stuff pics to come

Back