• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

As much fun as SZ was this year...

I do see your point and there is to much that SZ has that the dells cat provide. But yes a local meet for the weekend would be fun, but when could this take place?

I do see your point and there is to much that SZ has that the dells cat provide. But yes a local meet for the weekend would be fun, but when could this take place?

Whenever someone sets it up! I'm always down for a meet! PRT meet should be happening in a month or two....

If we have a Dells meet, lets wait a little for the weather to get super nice :drool::cool: We did a dells meet last year, turn out was good minus pole and hetfield :nonono: :)

The problem with opening it up to the whole community is that a ton of people vote whole have never gone and probably never will.

Also locations depend on the people who are willing to organize. You will always find someone in EGL to organize.

You don't wanna say Indiana and then have someone from WI or MI organize the event. It will be a pain in the butt.

The fact remains that out of most of the people that attend SZ the vast majority are from NE and EGL.

The one time a SZ was organized far from both of those groups it failed.

If there's no track event my car won't be in attendance at SZ.

I didn't say I wouldn't be there. I said my car won't be there.

I flew this year for monetary reasons anyway.

Pole and I have pretty much made a standing offer to host SZ in the Milwaukee area. We'd have everything except a road course (unless one of you rich bastards wants to front the money to reserve Road America) all within 20-30 minutes of the hotel/airport. We would also have plenty of alternative events to plan for those who didn't want to attend things like the dyno.

Having said that, Spring Zing is a Michigan tradition. As long as there's someone there who will organize the event and not screw it up, I will make the drive.

West side of Michigan. From what I understand, worldtour is already planning it. Everyone enjoyed Grand Rapids, and moving it to Wisconsin adds a :censored::censored::censored::censored:load of time to NECEGers. I would honestly think twice about driving there and im 1/3 as far away as they are.

Anybody down with helping to plain a dells meet? I agree with waiting alittle yet for weather. I think this would be a good time and I would get to meet alot of the guys from the board!

The road course day was well attended....

The Dyno and strip, not so much....

The dyno day was a fluke this year, though. Usually the dyno day is very well attended.

and wtf with the Milwaukee crime talk. Hello! we just had '08 near Detroit! lol
Milwaukhole can't be that much worse than Deh-twah. ;)

I like the idea of having the event in WI, but the more I think about the drive, the more uncertain I am about it. :(

Last edited:
The night drive after the strip club was scary sketchy though.

This year was perfect - two days' drive out, one day back. Definitely will do that in the future.

From what I understand, worldtour is already planning it.

I'm well aware of that. We talked about it this past weekend. Still, the offer stands indefinitely.

Pudmunkie said:
Everyone enjoyed Grand Rapids

Yes and no. I know Todd tried hard, but there will still some organization and caravan issues. Personally I think there needs to be more than one person organizing and executing everything. Whoever assumes responsibility should appoint their own committee to handle certain things.

Pudmunkie said:
I would honestly think twice about driving there and im 1/3 as far away as they are.

I concur with Todd :p

For a road course in WI, there is always USA raceway in Shawano that the Fox Valley Sports car club runs open tracks at. Pole has been there with me once before and I have gone several times...I think its a fun track made perfectly for our cars :shrug::cool:

For a road course in WI, there is always USA raceway in Shawano that the Fox Valley Sports car club runs open tracks at. Pole has been there with me once before and I have gone several times...I think its a fun track made perfectly for our cars :shrug::cool:

Or we could do a street course @ miller park, then hit the brewing company afterwards.... :shrug:

That track is like three hours from Milwaukee.....

Back