• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

for the cts-v fans

Stop Waiting...It's called the XLR.:cool:

but if you're not into the low stance, you're best bet is the crappy Opel built Catera...but they haven't produced those in a while.
Where have you been? This is coming very soon:
cadillac-cts-coupe-concept-rear.jpg

Stop Waiting...It's called the XLR.:cool:

but if you're not into the low stance, you're best bet is the crappy Opel built Catera...but they haven't produced those in a while.

HUH?! The XLR is a Y-Body aka same underpinnings as the Vette, and is equipped and somewhat priced to compete with the likes of the Mercedes SL. It's the top dog in Caddy's lineup.
Also the Catera was only offered in a sedan.

THe OP was making reference to the actual CTS Coupe that was unveiled at NAIAS this January.

So, new CTS-V or BMW M3? Cause it looks like the Lexus IS-F and AMG C63 are bound to get hardcore spanked out of the running by this Caddy.

I'm still amazed at the transformation between the first and second gen CTS. 10 seconds sitting inside one of the new ones is simply overwhelming when compared to the old CTS interior.

If I was in the market for a $50K luxury car, this would top my list easily. It has an Mercedes-like quality interior, Mercedes-like quiet, Mercedes AMG-like horsepower, and apparently BMW M division-like handling. I'll assume it will have the typical Cadillac runs-longer-than-you'll-live reliability too. If so it's a no brainer.

For $52,390 fully loaded, it outperforms the $110K Audi RS6, the $113K BMW M5, and the $121K Mercedes E63 AMG. The scary part is, after sitting in the base CTS-V I didn't think the interior was any worse than the German cars, a bit better in some areas. I do think Audi's Nav and radio controls are the best in the industry though. BMW's are torture, and Mercedes seems to simply use as many buttons as they can.

Another interesting thing, is that it uses a detuned LS9, which if you wanted, I'm sure another 100 or more hp are available with a few small modifications.

If I was in the market for a $50K luxury car, this would top my list easily. It has an Mercedes-like quality interior, Mercedes-like quiet, Mercedes AMG-like horsepower, and apparently BMW M division-like handling. I'll assume it will have the typical Cadillac runs-longer-than-you'll-live reliability too. If so it's a no brainer.

Hopefully they've ironed out the electric gremlins that people hated on the last CTS-V.

For $52,390 fully loaded, it outperforms the $110K Audi RS6, the $113K BMW M5, and the $121K Mercedes E63 AMG. The scary part is, after sitting in the base CTS-V I didn't think the interior was any worse than the German cars, a bit better in some areas. I do think Audi's Nav and radio controls are the best in the industry though. BMW's are torture, and Mercedes seems to simply use as many buttons as they can.

Another interesting thing, is that it uses a detuned LS9, which if you wanted, I'm sure another 100 or more hp are available with a few small modifications.

It's just $52k loaded? I thought it would be at least $10k more than that. I may trade the 911 Turbo in for one.

It starts out pretty much fully loaded. Your only option is the gearbox you choose and the usual like sunroof, Nav, etc...

Loaded up test cars are showing as tested in the $52K neighborhood.

I'd trade your Turbo for one too. :crazy:

The ls9 is actualy quite a bit more different. Heads, dry sump, blower size etc.. Not to say the lsa doesn't have more left in it, or could easily be upgraded.

The ls9 is actualy quite a bit more different. Heads, dry sump, blower size etc.. Not to say the lsa doesn't have more left in it, or could easily be upgraded.

I know about all the changes, but being a small block Chevrolet based off the 6.2 small block they've been using for the quite a while. A simple cam change, intake and exhaust on regular 6.2L makes a big difference, so on the LS9 it should be even better... should be...

It's just $52k loaded? I thought it would be at least $10k more than that. I may trade the 911 Turbo in for one.

$52K was the base price for the 1st gen CTS-V. Sunroof and metallic paint were the only options on the car and in 2005 the sunroof became standard no-cost option. Nav was standard. Dealer added options included wheels and a sport suspension.

Expectations is this will come in anywere in the $56-$62K range. Options that are known will be a choice of 6spd auto or 6spd manual. People have specualted this will have ACC as an option as well.

Back