• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I do it?

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
100_0776.jpg

should I paint the trunk lid and go with the pre98 lid, or should I just leave the factory one on there?

I disagree. In MY opinion, a Pre98 trunk only looks good on cars with SVT rear bumpers. Im not saying it would look BAD by any means, but I just don't thing it would look great.

I disagree. In MY opinion, a Pre98 trunk only looks good on cars with SVT rear bumpers. Im not saying it would look BAD by any means, but I just don't thing it would look great.

Truf.

If I see that on your car im just going to wonder where your chrome bumper strip is :)

+1 for do it

i wish i could find a black pre98 with lip spoiler, id be getting rid of my wing for the smooth jazzy feeling of the pre98... cant wait to see the car after that trunk it painted, cause you know you're going to do it!

+1 for do it

i wish i could find a black pre98 with lip spoiler, id be getting rid of my wing for the smooth jazzy feeling of the pre98... cant wait to see the car after that trunk it painted, cause you know you're going to do it!

I normally hate spoilers, but the pre98 lip spoiler leaves me feeling like its an accent the BMW would have put on one of their 3 series.

its subtle and when you notice it, it really stands out.

I normally hate spoilers, but the pre98 lip spoiler leaves me feeling like its an accent the BMW would have put on one of their 3 series.

its subtle and when you notice it, it really stands out.

culdnt agree more... i have grown to love that look, so smooth... take it to the paintshop tomorrow LOL

I say do it man, I think the different color is what's throwing people off. Here's an old picture of my 99 SE with blu-fuz's old lid. I think it looked good.
DSCF0003.jpg

d0000d it's sham-pag-ney
Ugh. My favorite pre98 color and I can't even tell. Guess that's what I get for increasing the contrast on this laptop.

Anyway. Definitely do the pre98 trunk lid, I love it.

EDIT: FIX THE DASH WARP BEFORE DOING ANY MORE MODS! That looks horrid!

Last edited:
Back