• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Exhaust on the SVT

striker2

Official CEG Vendor
Before i blew up the zetec i had ordered one Aero Turbine 2540i muffler. After blowing it up i decided to order a second one and have them installed on the SVT. The second muffler arrived yesturday so i took it to the only shop in town that has a mandrel pipe bender and had them do a 2.5" full cat back exhaust with these mufflers.

The 4" outlets fill the cut outs in the bumper perfectly. :drool:
100_0608.jpg

it sounds amazing. Its extremely quite at idle with a deep, rather loud tone on acceleration. cruising on the highway it goes back to being much more tolerable with virtually no drone at all, almost as quite as at idle. the video does not do it justice at all. :drool: :drool:

Looks very good.. The video made me think you live in the jungle tho... with all the green and birds in the background!

Sounds sweet!

- amyn

Looks very good.. The video made me think you live in the jungle tho... with all the green and birds in the background!

Sounds sweet!

- amyn
Thats cause i do live in the Jungle:laugh: :crazy: the property backs up to my grandparents 500 acre farm and at the end of the 300ft driveway across the street is the state prison and their farm land.

*confused*

so why cant you come to spring zing again?
Cause SZ, for me, this year was all about getting the turbo zetec on the track. Once Hector and Steve backed out it was really my only reason to continue to go. besides, instead of going to SZ and spending money i will be going to gatlinburg a few weeks later with my girlfriend for a week long vacation.

looks awesome daniel. cant wait to hear it when you come down here

im sure it will echo nicely off the hills on the dragon :D:D

Sounds great, would like to hear it driving down the street any chance of that :)?

Aaron

ill see if i cant get something tomorrow.

Sounds sweet!

- amyn
thats what the other 49 states look like..you know,states were grass and tree's aren't trying to take root in covered up landfills and wildlife can actually breathe toxic free air.:laugh:

I think it looks and sounds good :D

How much did the piping run you, if you don't mind? so i can get an idea if I'm getting ripped off

besides, instead of going to SZ and spending money i will be going to gatlinburg a few weeks later with my girlfriend for a week long vacation.

I been really tryin baby
Tryin to hold back this feelin
For so long
And if you feel
Like I do baby....
:laugh:

Sounds/looks great!

That's a pretty weak soundclip. Meaning it sounds really really good, but you didn't really do it justice. need one of you driving down the road, so we can hear it rev through the entire power band under load. exhaust sounds sick man! Get another sound clip up if possible! :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys. i absolutly love how it sounds. so much so that if my dad hadnt started cooking dinner i was going to volunteer to drive to dinner :laugh:

How much did the piping run you, if you don't mind? so i can get an idea if I'm getting ripped off
because it was a "one off" for the shop and he built a custom y-pipe for the duals it cost about $280 plus the mufflers. but it was worth it.

That's a pretty weak soundclip. Meaning it sounds really really good, but you didn't really do it justice. need one of you driving down the road, so we can hear it rev through the entire power band under load. exhaust sounds sick man! Get another sound clip up if possible! :cool:

Ill see what i can get tomorrow with me accelerating.

280 isn't bad for a mand. bent catback:shrug: i was quoted 115 once just to have a glasspack welded in place of the resonator.

i got 2 more vids this morning. the first is a driveby and the second is me getting on the interstate. either my camera or my speakers (laptop) or both dont do this exhaust justice. the tone is so much deeper than the first video makes it sound like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOB4cynyZ0

second link removed due to rule #14

its a little difficult to hold the camera, turn the wheel, and shift all at the same time. thats why i stayed in third for so long in the second clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back