• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

some new IS whoring

steebsSVT

CEG'er
well it was nice out so i took some quick shots of the new ride.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

and as a bonus...

a little DB7 action?
IMG_0031.jpg

Except for the gearbox.

i would usually agree with you, hell my last 4 cars have been 5 speeds. but the 5spd is much harder to find in this car and there weren't any in my area. plus while it does shave a few tenths off the 0-60 it's a very smooth trans, and I kinda enjoy being able to just relax and cruise.

but the 5spd is much harder to find in this car and there weren't any in my area. plus while it does shave a few tenths off the 0-60 it's a very smooth trans, and I kinda enjoy being able to just relax and cruise.

That is true. They are harder to find and those cars should be cruisers anyway.

nice car. i think it would look better with the stock wheels though....

if youre going to have a lexus, its either nice wheels or nothing at all. just my 2 cents.

nice car. i think it would look better with the stock wheels though....

if youre going to have a lexus, its either nice wheels or nothing at all. just my 2 cents.

i would have kept the stocks on but they were all chewed up, lots of curb rash and some bubbles in them that looked like they might have been repaired for some reason. either way i needed new wheels and i've always liked the blacked out look, i think i will look better when i gets the tints on. (thinking 20% all around except for windshield)

My stockers were the graphite colored ones and they were all chewed up so I'm using those for winter with some snow tires mounted, and I'm running a set of 2002 L-Tuned wheels in Gunmetal for summer.

I can't wait to get my car lowered. I'm sick of the "lift kit" look.

I love the AVIC-D3. Sometimes I wish mine didn't have the factory nav so I can have an excuse to install one. :laugh:

That would look really good lowered. I wish I could get my hands on one of those. There are a few around here that I would love to have. Looks good BTW

i believe so, i didn't do the install but the wiring looks like it's been bypassed

Really easy to check.... look behind the glove box on the right side, should be a silver box disconnected or cut depending on how they did it....

I haven't looked into it much because I'm still running my stock stereo on mine, but I remember reading something about the amp bypass. The rear speakers don't work correctly without the amp or something along those lines.

I haven't looked into it much because I'm still running my stock stereo on mine, but I remember reading something about the amp bypass. The rear speakers don't work correctly without the amp or something along those lines.

I've bypassed and had all the speakers work fine... IIRC I did have to make a passive crossover for the fronts since they are component I think... IIRC I used a rodeo/izuzu harness where the factory amp output is to do my bypass so I didn't have to hack up the factory wiring.... I also pulled the amp out and gave it to the customer along with their factory radio..

Back