• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

making my SVT stock again

RandyCSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
as some of you may have noticed, it is about time for me to move onto something new. I have thought about keeping my car and buying something cheaper like a used S2000, but I know it would eventually just end up parked in the garage. I have decided to sell the SVT and find a similar, but faster replacement....an EVO or STI.

My current goal is to bring it back to stock, and I could use some help. Anybody have any extra stock bits they are getting rid of cheap? (ie shifter,exhaust, suspension, etc.) Also...if anybody is interested in any of my parts please let me know and we can arrange a time to meet and swap parts plus cash.

I am defenitely interested in trading exhausts plus cash with anyone locally, but the transmission swapping may be more work that what it is worth.

I will most likely leave some parts on the car, because they are not worth the trouble of swapping (underdrive pulley, headers, trans?)

Anybody here want a poly filled rear roll resistor for yours plus cash

trade my koni kit for a stock suspension or trade a bat 21mm rear sway bar for a stock one. Trade my B&M for your stock shifter etc.

Last edited:
I am defenitely interested in trading exhausts plus cash with anyone locally, but the transmission swapping may be more work that what it is worth.

I will most likely leave some parts on the car, because they are not worth the trouble of swapping (underdrive pulley, headers, trans?)

trade my koni kit for a stock suspension or trade a bat 21mm rear sway bar for a stock one. Trade my B&M for your stock shifter etc.

Some parts have already gone, but luckily some will stay close by. HolyRoller (Kyle) has purchased my nitrous system, so I guess I can still get rides when we have meets.

Pm me about the poly filed rr and the koni kit!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM returned. They are free, though shipping is on you should you want them. Would be no more than $20 for the two of them I bet.

how much do you want for the B&M without trading for a stock shifter?

nevermind my last post. Kingpin has offered me his stock one. I'll just let you know now that I dont have the billet reverse lockout and B&M knob. I sold them off. The knob got too hot, and the reverse lockout was a pain in the ass for any family members or friends I let drive my car. I got rid of it to save having to tell people how to shift into reverse....I just ended up playing with it while driving half of the time.

I also have a momo shift knob and boot that attach together to eliminate the reverse lockout.

i might be interested in trading rear swaybars. i have a BAT 19mm bar now thats the same as stock i believe. the only problem is i dont want to have to take it off and drive around with no rear bar until i get yours. i dont have a second car to drive.

PM me and maybe we can work something out.

i might be interested in trading rear swaybars. i have a BAT 19mm bar now thats the same as stock i believe. the only problem is i dont want to have to take it off and drive around with no rear bar until i get yours. i dont have a second car to drive.

PM me and maybe we can work something out.

pm sent

I almost started to really laugh here but thats the same reason I use my stock knob during the summer, that aluminum gets soooooo hott.

even my momo race air leather knob (half leather, bottom half metal gets too hot. I have a wrist band I keep on the shifter. I place it over the knob if it is too hot.

Some parts have already gone, but luckily some will stay close by. HolyRoller (Kyle) has purchased my nitrous system, so I guess I can still get rides when we have meets.

it was a joke. i blew my diff.
:laugh:

Back