• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo 2.5, Turbo 3L, and Stock STI

Yup that vid is on youtube:laugh: :laugh:

Alias is a little late to the party:crazy:

MY stock 2.5 will smoke a sti. Obviously he has no idea i am racing him:laugh: .

My fear is putting in a 3L because then i won't wanna put a turbo on it after everyones stories.
So i kinda want to keep my 2.5L and put a turbo kit on that. I'm sooo confused. :help:

Yeah but once you hit about 40mph or 3rd gear there arent traction issues:laugh: :laugh: And hey its worth it, you give and you get

so what, your 0-40 is slower... but your 40-anything is MUCH MUCH faster!!!!

I doubt it will help with anything but looks. I have a splitter on mine but this weekend will be the first time I will take it to the track.
Its dimensions are good and makes it a proper (functional) splitter. Besides, I doubt Mirko would have made and used it if it served no purpose. Function first... aesthetics is just a bonus.

Though... its added drag might hinder performance by the end of the 1/4 mile... when traction isn't really an issue.

Well I dunno if it does anything, maybe at extreme high speeds but not in the 1/4 mile I wouldnt say.

Yeah I dont have any traction in 1st gear at low or high boost, in 2nd it depends, if the tires are warm then yes but at high boost not alot of traction but once I hit 3rd I am good to go.

I think some are forgetting that traction loss comes from being firm with the throttle in those lower gears. Its not an unpreventable problem with owning/driving the 3.0T.

I have not tracked my car but have been able to modulate the throttle in 2-3 and achieve sufficient traction.

That being said, you will LOVE a turbo 3 over a turbo 2.5. I have had both and I have found the 3L to be twice as fun as the 2.5. So much acceleration and power with so little effort.

On any given day at a simple 5 psi it is a riot. Now, bump that up to 8, 10, or 12 and the whole world changes shape when you mash the gas!!!!

I think some are forgetting that traction loss comes from being firm with the throttle in those lower gears. Its not an unpreventable problem with owning/driving the 3.0T.

I have not tracked my car but have been able to modulate the throttle in 2-3 and achieve sufficient traction.

That being said, you will LOVE a turbo 3 over a turbo 2.5. I have had both and I have found the 3L to be twice as fun as the 2.5. So much acceleration and power with so little effort.

On any given day at a simple 5 psi it is a riot. Now, bump that up to 8, 10, or 12 and the whole world changes shape when you mash the gas!!!!

Yes it does man, and I just read your sig, awsome another gt3076r owner. I guess we are the only 2 here hu.

then my tires must really suck. cuz even in 3rd, i have quite a bit of wheel spin. i have ES100s. they're in the top 3 tires used for drifting. so am guessing they're not much for gripping:shrug:

To get back on the topic for a sec. My 3L (All Motor) has taken down a couple of STOCK STIs at the track. I can't be putting more than 230HP to the wheels. And from a roll...yes we can do that at our track...it hangs pretty good with the lightly modded ones. However, if they are running a boost controler, I generally get beat unless there is a mishift on the STIs part.

Say it a thousand times. 3.0L turbo is a monster you mash the gas a little and it get up and go. The 2.5L TURBO IS FAST but you do have to put little more effort into it>

ray.... did you go with forged pistons after you replaced your bent rod? i wonder what that thing would do on 18 psi.... lol.

Back