• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Installed nitrous last weekend...

SloMo228

New CEG'er
I installed a ZEX dry kit on Saturday - it was pretty easy. It took me about 4-5 hours working by myself, including a trip to the auto parts store to get vacuum fittings. It's jetted for a 75 shot, and I was going to install colder plugs last night before testing it, but Murray's didn't have any in stock. I've ordered some TR6s online, but I just couldn't wait to use the bottle. So after dinner last night, I went out on Woodward to try a few quick runs (up to the speed limit only, of course) and I hit the freeway to try higher speeds.

The verdict? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: When can I install a 100 shot? What a blast! The difference between NA and nitrous is very noticeable. But now I've had my fun and I'll have to keep off the bottle until I get colder plugs. I just couldn't resist trying it out! Not a bad investment for $250 total (including the tank fill).

Yeah, I was a little nervous about the install but once I jumped into it, it was ridiculously straightforward and easy. I've nothing but good things to say about the ZEX kit, at least until it blows up my engine. But it'll probably be my fault at that point anyway.

a 100 dry shot? lol. no way bud.

good stuff. tune for it though, or your pistons will dust off on teh top due to lean conditions...... eventually... well you know i'm sure.

Hey slomo, your gonna have to come around sometime.

When the weather gets better in a few weeks we should have a meet out on woodward.:shrug:

Good job on hooking it for the first time. Stay way from 100 shot till you get a tune like tricker stated above.

75shot is perfect IMHO anymore and your asking for trouble.

even a 75 shot dry put my car on dangerously lean conditions when my fuel solenoid was gummed up. be sure to have a tune. and if you do get a tune for nitrous, GET BIG INJECTORS. you will max out the duty cycle of a stock injector trying to run a 100 shot. no good. have fun with the spray!

if your going to be running nitrous, isn't it best to run a wet kit as opposed to a dry kit? :shrug:
a wet kit injects fuel as well as nitrous so your risk of running lean is far less than with a dry kit, which also means your less likely to get detonation as well.

it would take more than one time missing a gear and running nitrous up to redline for the engine to blow. obviously it would be bad for the engine, but it wouldnt grenade it instantly like everyone thinks. a few times, i sprayed as i was letting out the clutch...... had to get out in front of someone i talked smack to a couple times... hahah

it would take more than one time missing a gear and running nitrous up to redline for the engine to blow. obviously it would be bad for the engine, but it wouldnt grenade it instantly like everyone thinks. a few times, i sprayed as i was letting out the clutch...... had to get out in front of someone i talked smack to a couple times... hahah

Does the rev limiter on these cars pull fuel or spark?

-Will

Back