• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

THE JOLLY ROGER XI THE VIRTUAL TOUR. (Pic heavy)

saintz

CEG'er
THE JOLLY ROGER XI THE VIRTUAL TOUR.

Been for a trip out today enjoying JR, Thought you might want to see the fruits of my labour. I spent the whole of the winter on it and it is almost finished.
ST 24 V6 1998 R Reg

The Mods

Exterior

L666RAK Registration
Chrome number plate surrounds
ST Focus wing darts replace side indicators
Evo VI wing mirrors with indicators
ST Graphics
Number 7 Graphics
Bonnet vents
18’’ Ace 189 Alloy wheels
Chrome locking valve caps
Blue painted callipers
45 mm lowered suspension
Blue under neons
Black eyed light mod
Audi LED lights
JRXI Chrome letters
Painted Windscreen scuttle
Painted door sails
Jolly Roger graphic
Rear smoked Lexus lights
Chrome tax disc holder

Engine Bay

Bomz induction kit
SVT upper inlet manifold
Chrome battery cover
Chrome expansion tank cover
Rocker covers sprayed black
Chrome rocker covers
OMP strut brace
Aspro hose covers
Chrome bonnet lifters
Colour coded slam panel cover
Colour coded IMRC cover with blue lettering

Interior

4x 200w in-phase door speakers
Pioneer DEHP6000R head unit
ST badge on dash
Push button start
Cougar V6 chrome letters
Lockwood dials
Blue dash needles
OEM silver handbrake cover and gear knob
Set of 5 chrome toggle switches above head unit x2 in use
Chrome dash dial surrounds
Lockwood white dials (blue glow)
Ghia-X trip computer

The Videos

The car doors open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_vj0l7efo
The engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g41Gx04UXy4
Doors closed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91svQp11_U
The Audi lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRT2_VxfVZA

The Pictures
366b837e.jpg

backgate002.jpg

backgate003.jpg

backgate004.jpg

backgate005.jpg

backgate006.jpg

backgate009.jpg

backgate008.jpg

backgate007.jpg

frontgate001.jpg

Last edited:
He's had some problems with his front springs. You should have seen them before they settled!:shocked:

Good luck with those springs, my friend!:cool:

Thank you, the company have told me they are waiting for stock to come in and I will be getting replacements:cool:

Try reading the post you will see it been explained about the front springs!:shrug:

Also rake? what is is rake? I used one to rake up my grass on my lawn yesterday and dont remember fitting it to my car as a modification:shrug:

car looks great man! rake is basicly the angle the car sits at, such as the front end being a touch lower than the rear. If you think of the classic american hot rod with the front end lower than the rear, that's a good example of "rake".

Thank you, now I understand:cool: As for the Rake..... I have and others have mentioned that the Rake is down to a problem I have been having with my front spring's :cool:

Last edited:
These little things come to try us Ron, you know the problems I have been having with the tourer suspension, had two attempts at lowering it so far, but as it is over 200 lbs lighter than a standard car the back end refuses to drop. Nil desperandum old chap you'll get there eventually.
O and by the way the Jolly Roger looks as good as ever.

These little things come to try us Ron, you know the problems I have been having with the tourer suspension, had two attempts at lowering it so far, but as it is over 200 lbs lighter than a standard car the back end refuses to drop. Nil desperandum old chap you'll get there eventually.
O and by the way the Jolly Roger looks as good as ever.

Thank you Paul:cool: I have yet again been on the phone to the Spring company but they are waiting for the supplier in Holand to send more over to the UK:eek:

It Dragg's you down to the pit of damnation though, every time I post a picture of my hard work.....it all rolls back to the same old "Guff" about the front end|:cry: :nonono:

I cant wait to post pictures and some one will look and not "nit pick" :rolleyes:

Back