• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DMD dual mass damper

spikelarue

New CEG'er
I am looking at getting one of these and have come across a ford part # from a mazda dealer and it is indeed a dual mass damper but with all but no applacation guide

looks like from pictres any how just like the one BAT sells
does anyone have a different ford part number for these
the # I have is 1S7Z6312AC

thanks in advance

Spike

just call up bill jenkins and ask for one, make payment and you will have it in a few days ... don't forget the bolt is tty so you need a new one also ...

bill jenkins....who is he what is his number and how much are they from Bill

I got this number from a mazda dealer for a mazda 6 w/ a 3.0 duratec

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Item Number[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']MSRP[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Core Price[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Price[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']1S7Z6312CA[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']$145.60[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']$0.00[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']$113.57[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
DAMPER ASY-CRANKSHAF [/FONT]

it looked ok before I posted it

copy and paste ....oh well

it was from the email that I was sent that showed 113 for a price on the dmd

Bill Jenkins can be reached at Teamfordparts.com, he has good prices for CEG members and quick shipping. He can get you the part number if you call him, his contact info is also posted here on the board.

tty = torque to yield, means that the bolt can only be used once and if removed you need a new one. So if you are going to install a DMD you need a new bolt also ... and a longer one to pull the damper onto the crank.

tty = torque to yield, means that the bolt can only be used once and if removed you need a new one. So if you are going to install a DMD you need a new bolt also ... and a longer one to pull the damper onto the crank.

Hmm, well thats good to know about the DMD. Any idea where to get the longer bolt? Also I reused the bolt when I replaced the pulley with another stock on.

Hmm, well thats good to know about the DMD. Any idea where to get the longer bolt? Also I reused the bolt when I replaced the pulley with another stock on.

sure people have reused bolts but if you follow the correct torque sequence the bolt is yielded and you can't do that again. as for where to get a longer bolt, make one or try a local parts store with a bolt selection or a speciality store. just don't hammer on the dmd

All of this has been posted before in great detail. I posted the part number after I found it didn't need to come from Europe. Instructions with pictures are here somewhere as well. Do a search on the old forums.

Back