• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2009 SHO?

HPAFusion.jpg

thats a sweet lookn fusion. the skirts look like they came right off an svt tour.

I'm sure they could do it and use the V8 from the Volvo S80 and do some "tweaks", but this is Ford we're talking about:rolleyes: They could also do that twincharged 3.7 and keep it all Ford, who knows what they'll do but atleast they're heading in the right directions with finances so maybe a project here and there could happen:shrug: BTW, that car looks good and those Marauder rims look great on there too!

the fusion is tight....the linc i'd buy if i had 'cribs' money

the edge is the best looking....damn thing sure looks like a big focus from a couple angles, tho....never noticed that before

oh yeh, bbts....im in total agreement to bring back the sho....but, only if ford can make a serious commitment to improving the handling, motor, and excelleration....all the major parts of making it an ultimate performer, basically.. and to compete today it has to have imo at least 280-290 hp, if they want to keep it rated lower than the mustang...otherwise the sho should have 320-350hp

ford has to really work to make someone wanna buy a souped up 500 or whatever the next taurus will be ....they have to overcome the taurus name get buyers to believe its a world beater of a car

Last edited:
Ford doesn't have to keep the numbers below the Mustang. Just the GT500. Look at GM, the 09 CTS-v will make 550hp, where the stock Vette makes less than that. However the ZR1 will make 650, so it's still under super Vette. As long as Ford puts the right pieces together they could name it a Taurus, hand it to some drivers and journalists... people would listen.

Any future SHO must feature a beautiful intake. It just wouldn't be the same without a bundle of intake runners.

7a5cd28b.jpg

9e1f75fe.jpg

(uhh, yea, I painted mine red several years back : / )

yeh that sho intake blew me away when i first saw it...then seeing how they sorta made a smaller scale version for the 2.5 duratec, believe me it was one of the selling points when i bought my tour....i used to love to open the hood and have folks :shocked: :drool: :cool: when they saw it

yeh sho has to have 'sho' worthy intake, and not some stupid plastic cover

Ford most likely isnt making the SHO again, or atleast not for a few years yet. From what i hear, they dont have enough money to bring it into production.

appart. there was a 12 member disc. group in chicago that included 12 sho enthusiasts and members from ford powertrain and design teams,as well as a prof. interviewer. nothing was leaked or really spoken off by the ford people though.

i know there's a spy shot that leaked out. one of the members at the meeting did say he was asked out side of the group by a ford member "if he's seen the spy shot yet that leaked out?"

Back