• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What wheels should I get?

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
I can't find anything that I like... I like the FSVT Euro wheels but can't bring myself to buy something heavier than stock. I don't like the look of most aftermarket wheels. To me, the look has to look like it could be factory. I'd like 17's. I would also like something lightweight but haven't seen any lightweight wheels that I like. I will compromise and get wheels that are the same weight as stock though.

Where else is there to look? I've pretty much only looked at tire rack and one other place. What are some other places to look and what are your suggestions?

Probably my favorite wheel was a wheel that looked like a 17" version of E1's but I have no idea where to find them or who made them...

Lets not make this a thread of throwing out whatever wheels you like/have... I'm looking for something that looks stock-ish. (not necessarily like the stock wheels but like a factory wheel).

I saw those and didn't like the flat black finish. Plus they're expensive. I'm not looking for ultimate lightweight, just lighter than stock so that there is some advantage from doing this. And they look like an aftermarket wheel to me.

Edit: oh, and I'm looking for 17's. I'd stick with stock if i wanted 16's

Superior Scoundrels are the 17 E1 knockoffs your thinking of. Unfortunately, they were discontinued about 5 or more years ago and they are impossible to find used in our lug pattern. They weighed about 20 lbs each.

I sold my set last year sometime.

You could always try and get the Rev Model X. I think they are great looking and are fairly light.

Last edited:
Find a set of Superleggeras. They have similar styling to the Euro's and they are extremely light. 15 lbs for 17".

Also look into Center Line Storms. 15 lbs as well for 17".

Find a set of Superleggeras. They have similar styling to the Euro's and they are extremely light. 15 lbs for 17".

Also look into Center Line Storms. 15 lbs as well for 17".

yeah but where can you easily get a set of either of those wheels ....

I want superleggeras ...

I can't find a picture of the Rev Model X to get an idea...

I don't really like the look of the Superleggeras. I believe there was an old style that had even spoke spacing that I do like, but i believe it was discontinued or changed and is unavailable as new now.

Those are them. :cool:

They are the wheels that Y2KSVT had on his black svt. I believe you can get them in black, hyperblack, or aluminum finish.

Wa2tuff has them in the hyperblack (I think).
IM000439.JPG

Last edited:
hmm... I don't really like those. those have the "look at me" aftermarket look to them. Black with chrome lip looks nice sometimes but I just don't want that.

yeah but where can you easily get a set of either of those wheels ....

I want superleggeras ...

Storms are easy to find, but with a high price tag.

Superleggeras, well I had no problem. Oops, did I just let the cat out of the bag........:laugh:

I really like the design of the Storms... but... they're chrome. or polished. and thats not gonna work for me.

ahh i thought i found my wheels... if only they came in a non chrome finish. the search continues.

I kindof like the Enkei Zr2 but i feel like i could do better.

I really like the design of the Storms... but... they're chrome. or polished. and thats not gonna work for me.

ahh i thought i found my wheels... if only they came in a non chrome finish. the search continues.

I kindof like the Enkei Zr2 but i feel like i could do better.
Sounds like we have the same idea.
I went with silver SVTF wheels and couldn't be happier.
Stock look, great price. I never got to drive the car with the E1s, but I don't think the performance suffered much.
I plan on looking for a deal on the Centerline Storms and would look for a set on the rougher side to have them refinished in sliver or hyperdark. Polished would still look great though.
Good luck.
-J

Back