• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I may be joining you soon

rollinstylee

Hard-core CEG'er
I just got a job offer from GM Powertrain to work in engine calibration at their Milford Proving Grounds, so I might join the massive ranks of EGLers on here come July. This week I have another interview with Honda R&D in Raymond, OH, which I would probably take over GM if I get an offer with similar compensation. But either way I'll probably be seein you guys around shortly.

BTW, when I was at Milford on Friday, there was a tastefully modified black SVTC in one of the parking lots, do any of you work behind enemy lines? haha
Additionally, I saw a SilFro pass in front of the proving grounds entrance a few minutes later. Elsewhere during the trip I spotted two others, and more SVTFs than I kept track of...jeez. More SVT vehicles in one day than I've seen all year down here.

Good stuff man...I live about 15 min from there in a neighboring town and Reebs lives in downtown Milford. One perk to moving is that Reebs will have every part you would ever want for your car! :laugh:

Coming to michigan for work... Did I miss something?
Hey when you're about to graduate and want to go into automotive engineering these days you take what you can get. Plus their offer is way above avg mechanical starting salary.
Good stuff man...I live about 15 min from there in a neighboring town and Reebs lives in downtown Milford. One perk to moving is that Reebs will have every part you would ever want for your car! :laugh:
Funny you should mention that Reebs lives there because as the SilFro was going by I thought the driver looked a little like him based on pics I've seen on here...so Reebs if you read this, did you drive past the proving grounds on Friday afternoon?

Well its 4:36 now and Im still here. All of us powertrain programmers have to put in a week a month of third shift, 10-6.

NOT!! Lol, I work in vehicle dynamics, Im right next door to powertrain. Im pretty much the only one here. Except those running dynos. Its nice and quiet here. Great place to work, no matter what shift your on. Seriously. Was just working on some Contour parts a few minutes ago :laugh:

I just got a job offer from GM Powertrain to work in engine calibration at their Milford Proving Grounds, so I might join the massive ranks of EGLers on here come July. This week I have another interview with Honda R&D in Raymond, OH, which I would probably take over GM if I get an offer with similar compensation. But either way I'll probably be seein you guys around shortly.

BTW, when I was at Milford on Friday, there was a tastefully modified black SVTC in one of the parking lots, do any of you work behind enemy lines? haha
Additionally, I saw a SilFro pass in front of the proving grounds entrance a few minutes later. Elsewhere during the trip I spotted two others, and more SVTFs than I kept track of...jeez. More SVT vehicles in one day than I've seen all year down here.

I know reebs lives in milford, im there like every weekend pretty much.

However, you wont ever see reebs rolling an SVT, non of his run :crazy:

I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet.

Anyway, what are nice (affordable) places to live around there? Any good apartments? Any other advice for living in Michigan?

My aunt used to live in Milford. She moved to MN about 3 years ago now. The house she sold went into forfit last year. :nonono:

Well, be that as it may I got the offer from Honda R&D and am taking it. Just declined the GM offer a couple hours ago. In three months I will be an Ohioan.

I HAVE A JOB!!! :D

Back