• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FS: '99 SVT 83K miles 1-owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the promotion Chris!
I am with Johnny on my guess.. BMW 335i.

I'm not a fan of this car at all and find the styling horrid. Two people at my firm already own a 335 and multiple others have newer Bangled 330's.

Not only that but $50K on a car with the interior dimensions of a Civic is not my idea of a bargain. I'm still focused at retiring at 45 so I'm going with a modest luxury sports sedan.

Dealer in Houston has accepted my offer, I have my plane ticket and my loan is almost finalized. I've ran the car-fax and have the car insured as of July 20th. 1883 mile drive home puts me in on Sunday or Monday. All is based on the car being in "as advertised" condition.

It came down to the Mazdaspeed 6 or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

The MS6 is loud, peaky (turbo on/turbo off), prone to failures (see rear diff & clutch issues) and was just not a good looking car IMO. The Mazda 6S prior to the redsign looked a helluva lot better than the MS6.

The Aero gets me a longer warranty, more luxury, scheduled maintenace paid for and is much better looking in my opinion. Another plus is the rarity of the car. Few know it, but in 2006 Saab started using a 2.8L V6 and slapped a turbo on it. Engine made Ward's magainzes top ten list as well. Car is fully loaded with only 2-options missing. 6sp automatic trans & Nav, both I did not want.

I'm settling as this is not the car I really did want but I also want to maintain my retirement goal and need a car that seats 4 for client related crap. I really needed this car about 2yrs ago for the client stuff but resisted.

Here is a pic of the car:

06Saab93_11k_large.jpg

I am good at guessing.

yes, yes you are. I saw one of those today and was very impressed by the looks of it, I would get one if I could afford it.

I am surprised that you couldn't find one here that fit all your needs that you have to go all the way out to texas. that is one hell of a drive. but if you plan on going thru phoenix you should hit Omar up. I am sure he could take you to a few nice bars out there:laugh:

Last edited:
A good friend of mine had an '05. It wasn't the base 4 cylinder Linear but was sexy as hell because it had the aero package on it. It turned out not to be the most reliable car though (engine fire). I hope you have much better luck with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back