• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any Caravans to SZ08?

posthuman63t

Veteran CEG'er
Anyone have a caravan going to SZ? I'm in Milwaukee (Oak Creek), right off I-94 and HWY 100. I'm deciding if I'm gonna go this year, but if I do, I'd rather make the drive with a few people so I can meet a few of ya before hand and don't have to show up and be completly lost when I get there. Let me know.

-Joe

I don't think anythings organized yet, but we do typically caravan out. I'll be heading out early that Thursday morning to get to the track early enough to have some time to get the car setup, not sure on everyone else's plans.

I want to help with your stuff pole, so Arielle and I will heading out when you go. We will probably meet you at the shop or your house when you are ready. I too will have GPS with and will not rely on anyone but would like to leave when you do, so I can be at the track to help if need be. Probably not, but I will be there.

Ummm, that is for "car only" roundtrip price. ADD $111 for each person round trip also, and you can't sit in the car to avoid this fee.

We did that last year, and it was fun but we didn't get to go on it for the return trip because the wake was to high to be save for auto transport. So we had to drive back home with a refund of course.

I will let you know about crashing at your place wed. night pole. P.S. I just ordered the 120% gloss mirror powder....

Last edited:
I'm in, still gotta see about hotel room, waiting on hetfield to get back to me... haven't heard anything yet...

Ummm, that is for "car only" roundtrip price. ADD $111 for each person round trip also, and you can't sit in the car to avoid this fee.

We did that last year, and it was fun but we didn't get to go on it for the return trip because the wake was to high to be save for auto transport. So we had to drive back home with a refund of course.

I will let you know about crashing at your place wed. night pole. P.S. I just ordered the 120% gloss mirror white powder....
Ahh, the pricing is a bit confusing.

Well in that case, I guess I'll be driving by myself :shrug:

Ahh, the pricing is a bit confusing.

Well in that case, I guess I'll be driving by myself :shrug:

I can't invite anyone to the caravan but I can post where and when we are leaving. If you are there, good - if not, you will have to catch up if you want to be part of the heard.

Sounds like the track day is 10:30 to 5, so I'm hoping to be at the track around 10...which means I'm leaving VERY early.

If anybody is heading in wed night I might be able to meet up with you.

I'm trying to do the drive in 2 days this year w/ a little headstart on monday night.

If anybody is heading in wed night I might be able to meet up with you.

I'm trying to do the drive in 2 days this year w/ a little headstart on monday night.

I'll be getting to town Wednesday night with Don and Ken Mallinson. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Waterford (4350 Pontiac Lake Rd., Waterford, MI 48328, (248) 674-3434) that night so it is a very short drive to the track Thursday Morning.

We'd probably cross your path at I-65/I-94 interchange in Indiana and follow I-94 from there....

Back