• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Out With The Old- In With The New

True. I remember sitting in a Cobalt SS a few years ago. I felt the windows were a bit high (the Tiburon's are uncomfortable to say the least) and I didnt really like the seats much (spoiled by the seats in the SE). Overall though when it comes to performance I'd rock an SS over my Contour any day.

I mean, it's a purple contour. I think anybody would. :laugh: :laugh: :p

i hate to say this but the cobalt SS is a piece. nice car for what it is but for its intended purpose GM failed. it pushes. it is slow. and it gets wasted by a stock neon! (SRT-4) :laugh:

i have driven them many times and every time i get excited that maybe i will like it this time

WRONG!

i have never enjoyed the drive in one of those. my personal testimony a friend of mine has one and i have driven it multiple times and sorry ive driven hondas that were more interesting.

dont mind my babbling. the cars look nice but in no way my cup of tea.

i agree with the others get rid of the wing and it will look much better.

I'm really sorry but that car looks like extreme butthole. Needs less ugly front end, and either a better exhaust cut-out, or just dual tips. Ford definitely had the right idea putting the dual exhaust on the SVT. Oh, and ditch the spoiler....

The new ones come turbocharged. The 2007 and 2008s are just starting to come around, I have just recently seen a few on the roads. The original plan was to stop making them because there weren't a whole lot of people that bought them, saw that in an Import Tuner magazine sometime late last year, but according to cobaltss dot net, the new ones are turbo'd and have just a little bit more power, but I haven't really read up on them, because I am completely satisfied with what I have.

Looks good. Where in MO are you located? Also I was running 14.0 in my modded GTP and the fella next to me was in a Cobalt SS. He had the Stage 2 kit on it and it was running consisten 13.9's, not too shabby if you ask me.

Back