• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is this anyone's car?

lol no kidding.
If you're not ready to buy right now, why bother looking at ebay vehicles?
agreed ... turbo_fox knows his cars, you'd be getting a vehicle with a known history and honest condition.

CEG classifieds is the way to go IMO. Location doesn't matter.

i think that first black svt is the one i saw for sale at a local dealer here in E. longmeadow. the wheels looked familiar and the miles too.

Did you read the part that say if you are a CT resident HE has to collect the sales tax? That's a new one for me. I thought the buyer pays sales tax to the DMV upon registration.

Did you read the part that say if you are a CT resident HE has to collect the sales tax? That's a new one for me. I thought the buyer pays sales tax to the DMV upon registration.

pretty sure that is true .... you pay sales tax when you registar the car ...

um..huh...i dunno bout up there but here in OK you only pay tax on a car purchase if you buy the vehicle in the same state...ie if i bought that car and bring it home i would not pay tax, just title, and tags

i think he is either very confused or hoping he can scam someone into paying him the sales tax.

um..huh...i dunno bout up there but here in OK you only pay tax on a car purchase if you buy the vehicle in the same state...ie if i bought that car and bring it home i would not pay tax, just title, and tags

I believe legally here in CT if you buy it out of state from a dealer and pay that states tax you would only have to pay the difference if CT's tax is more.

Brian, how did it work when you bought your SVT?

Tax should only be collected at the time of registration in your state. I bought my Lexus from PA and the tax was paid at the time of registration, not to the dealer.

Unless this person is completing all the registration for the buyer (if a CT resident), they have no reason to collect any tax.

I believe legally here in CT if you buy it out of state from a dealer and pay that states tax you would only have to pay the difference if CT's tax is more.

Brian, how did it work when you bought your SVT?

Tax should only be collected at the time of registration in your state. I bought my Lexus from PA and the tax was paid at the time of registration, not to the dealer.

Unless this person is completing all the registration for the buyer (if a CT resident), they have no reason to collect any tax.

what Tony said. Only thing in PA that I had to pay for was a temp plate/registration from PA so I could drive back to CT. All sales tax was payed when I registared the car and got plates in CT.

Last edited:
huh, not sure why there is a difference but i know that it is common knowledge here that it is cheaper to go to like texas or kansas to buy a car cause once you go to register they can't charge you tax...must be sume type-o f-up someone made in the tax laws i dunno:shrug:

what Tony said. Only think in PA that I had to pay for was a temp plate/registration from PA so I could drive back to CT. All sales tax was payed when i registared the car and got plates in CT.

Yup, I only paid for the car + $165 for doc fees/temp tag/temp registration to drive it home to CT.

Back