• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Help!!

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys, I was on my way to Fairfax and my engine overheated and the SVT left me stranded on rt50. After adding coolant and letting the car cool down for a couple hours I tried to start her up, but after 2 miles of miles to a gas station it was overheating again. I had it towed to a shop close to Bowie, MD. The shop was closed by the time I got it there, so I'm not sure whats wrong with it.

Here's the background of what happened: I had to accelerate hard when I came out of a gas station to merge into traffic and ever since i did that the car started to act up. I drove it for a mile after that and I saw the needle rocket past the "H". I didn't see any smoke or feel any performance change so I thought the gauge was just acting up so I drove it for another couple miles. I started to smell something so I rolled downed the window and listened and I heard a ticking noise so i pulled over and that when I saw the smoke. So thats the background.

I'm not sure whats wrong but even after putting more coolant in it just spits it back out of the radiator cover. There may be a blockage somewhere. Hopefully I won't need a new radiator. BTW today was the first time i used the ac for the year if that matters. To make matters worst I left the dome light on by mistake after I dropped the keys in the night box and today was my birthday:(
So any help would be appreciated
Thanks {J}

Well I called the shop this morning and they're saying it may be a blown head gasket. They're going to do some more test and call me back. If anyone has any insight or suggestions please let me know
Thanks
{J}

Want me to swing by Bowie, put it on a trailer and bring it to my place? I wouldn't mind keeping it here.

Catch is, you leave it with me. :laugh:

quite possible it was the waterpump that went.

That would be awesome. If anything else happens to this thing I may end up letting you keep it :laugh: I just called the shop and they said they won't be able to look at it until Monday. PM me your info. The shop is in Gambrills, MD

A blown head gasket is easy. Look for coolant on the dip stick.

-Andy

The stupid shop won't be able to even look at my car until Monday, and I have to be at work tomorrow. If there's anyone that that has 69Boss302 contact info can you tell him to call me 757 812 4221. My brother is letting me borrow his car to drive back to salisbury, but i really don't want to leave the car at that shop
Thanks
{J}

:crazy: My garage feels warm and complete once again. :crazy:

I'll be having a looksie over the next few days and hoping it's going to be simple.

:crazy: My garage feels warm and complete once again. :crazy:

I'll be having a looksie over the next few days and hoping it's going to be simple.

Man I hope so too. Thanks again for picking her up. I know she's kinda dirty so don't judge me based on her appearance right now:laugh: I'll be back up there on Friday.

Only had a few minutes to mess with it today. One bolt head broke off on the waterpump housing though. Not a big deal as it was one of the short ones and easy to get out.

But now I need to get ready for work and wait for the battery to charge on the drill. Nothing visibly wrong with the thermostat either.

I'll have a little bit of time on the morning before I have to go to Virginia around lunch and then back here to work.

As far as needing a 3L, I don't think you'd need one at this point.

Thanks good to know, eventhough i have been looking for an excuse to get one.:crazy: Let me know what else you find and thanks again.

She's all back together now.

However...if the throttle comes up over idle the engine stumbles and I can hear a tick coming from the #5 and #6 cylinders. :blackeye:

Back