• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AZ: JEROME CRUISE PART 2

OK guys, I may need to ride with someone. My Dad had to go to the hospital in Cottonwood today with chest pains and they found over 90% blockage in two of his arteries. I won't have the gas money to go up there twice this week. I am getting my Sticky Pod camera mount tomorrow and I would be glad to offer my services for video recording the drive in exchange for a ride.

Yeah Bobby, let us know how your dad's doin.

He's prolly up there right now, he swung by herel ast night around 9ish and picked up the 2 15" focus wheels and tires to put on his fronts so he could make it up there.

For those that are going... it's a good time to do your basic maintenance. Other than changing my oil, I need to drop the rear of my front subframe and see if I can access the rack bolts. The passenger side one is all the way out -- not threaded. I don't want to be flying around a corner and having the other bolt give out and meet either of the two barriers (mountain side or cliff).

I may actually be driving my own car! hopefully i'll have the $ Sometime Weds, or by Thursday. keep your fingers crossed!

logo_phpBB.gif

Alright got my oil changed, plugs swapped out and replaced my imrc. I gotta get at least one bottle filled and wash my car tomorrow so I'm ready for Sat.

Thanks for your help with that stuff Schaff.

Also... if you guys have radios, bring them. I should have 3 spares... just need to get batteries for them.

Well I'm back in PHX now, my dad was released from the hospital yesterday in Cottonwood. The doctors said he did in fact have a mild heart attack on Monday, and they have put stints in the two arteries that had the blockages. Everything seemed to be going good until yesterday morning, when they had to take ME to the ER because I had a really low blood sugar level. I don't remember half of what happened yesterday, in fact I hardly remember driving home. I'm doing better now, and I should be good for tomorrow. I have money to fill up my tank once, so if anyone can spot me a few bucks to top off before we head back down to PHX I should be good to go with my car.

Oh yeah, and a huge thanks to Justin for helping me out with those wheels. I actually kinda like how they look, I may get that 3rd wheel from you and try to find one more for a full set, they look pretty good.

Glad to hear he's doing ok... and sorry to hear about you. Is that something that happened before? I can help out with some gas money.

Well.. I changed my oil this morning.. then was trying to figure out a way to put the rack bolt back in. I finally got it, and didn't even have to lower the subframe! So, now I'm all set... probably need an alignment soon though. I really wish I found that problem a long time ago... because I'm pretty sure it's been that way for about 1-1/2 years :nonono:.

Alright got my oil changed, plugs swapped out and replaced my imrc. I gotta get at least one bottle filled and wash my car tomorrow so I'm ready for Sat.

Thanks for your help with that stuff Schaff.

No problem man! hit me up tonight. maybe plan on what time to meet up tomorrow morn.

My family does have a long history of diabetes but I've never been officially diagnosed. I've had a couple episodes where I can tell my blood sugar gets really low, but I've caught it before it turned into anything more serious. Yesterday I guess I just didn't catch it in time.

What time are you guys gonna be heading over? I'm gonna try to be there by 9am.

If you need a few bucks bobby I'll spot you for gas. I got a bottle filled today a bit expensive but it's a higher grade nitrous so we'll see what that does for me. I'm going to be there if I have to pick up Schaff we should be there on time or really close to it. Alright guys see you in the morning.

That was fun... next time we ought to have a mini-cruise and head straight towards Jerome. I haven't been there since I was like 8 yrs old.

Relatively fun drive up, good food, and interesting people. And.... my wife wasn't as nearly pissed at me as I thought she was going to be :laugh:

Hey.. where are the pics? My brother took a ton of them and gave them to me on a cd today. I'll try to get those up soon.

I have some pics too I need to download them from my camera still. I'll try and get some up today. Good to hear your wife wasn't super pissed at you.

Back