• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Waterford Checklist and run groups

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
Spring Zing 2008

Waterford Open Track Event

Tech inspection checklist

Protection

___Valid Drivers License
___Helmet (M or SA Snell 2000 or better)
___Clothing (long pants, close toed shoes, long sleeve shirt and socks are required)
___Driver and Passenger seats not damaged or tweaked
___Working Seatbelt
___Sunroof Closed

Vehicle
___Proof of Insurance (unless brought on a trailer to the event)
___Battery Secure (That means in a box or mounted in stock location with tie down bar)
___Battery no acid leaks or corrosion
___Lugs Torque
___Tires at or above factory tire pressure recommendations (3/32” thread at a min, no plugs, patches or bubbles on tires)
___No leaks from engine or vehicle
___Exhaust must be installed
___Suspension (No excessive movement ie Blown struts)
___No Excessive engine movement (bad engine mounts)
___Brakes (More than 50% pad life left, no warped or damaged rotors or drums)
___No loose items in vehicle (radar detector, spare tire, tools, jacks ect…)

Driver: (Printed)

Driver: (Signature)

Date:_________________________________________

Tech Inspector:_________________________________

Inpection:
Pass: Fail:___________________________

Run Groups

Group 1
MxRacer
Striker
Jason Jordan
DevanMC
Dennis Marshall

Group 2
Pole
Rkneeshaw
Zoom
Pudmunkie
Stoobie
SVTHopeful

Group 3
Todras
Ronald Broekman
Zenboy
James Mason
Fornetti
ViggenPower

Group 4
Steeda
Rara
Barge
Trapps
SoundQ
Don Walsh Jr
Don Mallison
Ken Mallison

Run Group 1 will have instructors with them all day unless I am told otherwise.

Run group 2 will have instructors first and second sessions, unless I am told they need additional instruction.

Instructors will be provided for anyone in group 3 if needed. Instructors will be people running in groups 4 unless otherwise noted.

If needed run groups will be adjusted throught out the day. Remember its a open track not a race.

Anyone can be pulled from the track at anytime for misconduct for not listening or following directions from myself or instructors NO refunds and NO arguments

Last edited:
Steeda,

First off, thanks for all you have done to put this together. Now I have a bunch of simple questions based on the information above...

How long are the segments going to be? The typical 20 mins?

Why 5 groups? I was thinking we would be having 3, maybe 4 at the most. Is there any way groups 3, 4, and 5 and be combined into 2 groups (6 in one, 7 in the other)? I don't think sitting more than an hour between sessions would be a good thing.

Also, I mentioned in an e-mail to you (about my track experience) that Denny Gibson was not going to be able to make it after all. His spot is available if anyone wants it.

Thanks again.

we can figure out merging group later.

right now i am stressing about money becuase like 15 people still need to pay and everythng else that goes around with this. if one person backsout there wont be enough money for the event without people paying more money.

I'm waiting on ppl to buy parts from me so I can pay. When I signed up I had a higher paying job. Doh!

Steeda,

First off, thanks for all you have done to put this together. Now I have a bunch of simple questions based on the information above...

How long are the segments going to be? The typical 20 mins?

Why 5 groups? I was thinking we would be having 3, maybe 4 at the most. Is there any way groups 3, 4, and 5 and be combined into 2 groups (6 in one, 7 in the other)? I don't think sitting more than an hour between sessions would be a good thing.

Also, I mentioned in an e-mail to you (about my track experience) that Denny Gibson was not going to be able to make it after all. His spot is available if anyone wants it.

Thanks again.

Bob, don't sweat it, there will be plenty of time on track fro everyone. Plus, the track is fairly small for a road course, so having smaller groups is better. More cars on track means more chances of people getting held up and frustrated at best, and hitting each other at worst. I'd rather not see anyone go home with thier car on a wrecker.

Let me just reiterate Steeda's earlier statement as well; Anyone can be pulled from the track AT ANY TIME at the discretion of the event organizer (Steeda) or one of the instructors. Safety on the track is of the utmost importance, and if you do not follow directions, you may not only be removed from driving on the track, but you may be ejected from the grounds all together.

So how will instructors from groups 4 and 5 be choosen/placed, with drivers from group 1 and 2?

Last edited:
well thats no fun, i wanted to start laughing now at who ever gets stuck instructing me. :laugh: :blackeye:

well thats no fun, i wanted to start laughing now at who ever gets stuck instructing me. :laugh: :blackeye:

dont be a douche, you will follow the rules and listen to your instructor. this will not be another tony pacos or i will be kicking your ass

I plan to do as such and strickly follow all rules presented to me, those rules for requirements, prep, during drive time and everything else. I will show up early and prepared, ready to listen, learn and drive in a responsable manner. I will attempt to make sure all safty/track check list items have been checked, double and triple checked. This to help make sure i do not encounter problems during inspection. I will make sure i am properly dressed, well rested and alert before even leaving for the track that morning. Above all else, i will be a responsible driver, also being respectful and complient to track officals and track instructors, at all times during the course of the day.
-
I was not meaning to seem like a douch and taking such things half heartedly. I was just attempting to get a laugh as i know steeda is not very fond of me. I will not do this again in this situation and will show to him and others who doubt me, a level of responsiblity and maturity that is highly disciplined.
-
Appologies,
Devan M. C.

Last edited:
Will drivers from groups 1 and 2 (and possibly 3) be allowed to ride with their instructors during their hot laps so we can get a good visual of how it should be done if we are doing something wrong?

Thats between ur instructor and u. I have no issues with it.

Devan, its not that im not fond of u just last time i seen u drive you, where driving like a asshat and i was on a bike. not fun to see a inexperinced driver, in a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty car all up in your mirrors. Listen, learn, drive safe and smart. All of us started somewhere.

"___Helmet (M or SA Snell 2000 or better)"

Are you sure the Snell M2000 rating is legal? It isn't at Gingerman this year.

I went to the Waterford Hills web site and couldn't find anything on it.

That's all I have so I'm hoping it will pass!

Edit - Most of their rules information refers to the SCCA GCR which specifies the SA2000 rating.

Last edited:
Hah, at gingerman last year they had rental helmets that looked about 10 years old with like no padding left in them.

"___Helmet (M or SA Snell 2000 or better)"

Are you sure the Snell M2000 rating is legal? It isn't at Gingerman this year.

I went to the Waterford Hills web site and couldn't find anything on it.

That's all I have so I'm hoping it will pass!

I hope so! That's all I have. Freakin' only a couple years old. Didn't realize it was an M.

For rental days, it's up to the group renting the place out. Most groups do require SA rated helmets, but Steeda decided that M helmets will be acceptable for this group.

The only major difference between the two (SA and M) is the Fire retardant rating of the helmet. SA ratings are for helmets intended to be used in cars, and M for motorcycles.

For rental days, it's up to the group renting the place out. Most groups do require SA rated helmets, but Steeda decided that M helmets will be acceptable for this group.

The only major difference between the two (SA and M) is the Fire retardant rating of the helmet. SA ratings are for helmets intended to be used in cars, and M for motorcycles.

can you explain these differences more, for those of us that have little to no idea about them, or direct us to a place that does?

Back