• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Original power radio antenna....Who still has their's and does it work??

Mine worked last time I had a radio installed:help: , my sister's needed replacing from a broken intermediate gear, "new one" is fine unless very cold weather, road salt, etc. It helps to lube the mast with wd40 or silicone spray.

all three on my cars work ...

the 95 should have the mast replaced as it is slightly bent. It does freeze up from time to time in the winter, but I haven't cleaned it recently

the 99 I replaced the mast because it did have a slight bend to it, used one from a taurus I got off ebay.

the SVT, no issues of course :laugh:

Mine works fine. had to clean up the mast this winter when it started binding up though. but its back to functioning fine again.

My original was still working when I removed it, but the housing was cracked from when my car was rear ended. I left it for years broken like that and it worked fine every day. I finally decided to clean it up and replace it with a spare from my parts car. So I guess my original would still be working today if I left it alone. :shrug: (98 SVT with 143k miles)

The original antenna in mine just recently gave up the ghost, but it had help -- got bumped while up. It was never quite perfectly straight after that, and didn't want to go all the way down. Motor is great, so I threw a new mast in, and she's perfect. :cool:

Back