• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just received the greatest rally tires ever!

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
These things have the thickest sidewall I've ever seen. They are so stiff that a fat man can stand on top of on with no air pressure in it, and it won't compress an inch. Hankook also has a very good contingency sponsorship program. Hankook money for more tires! Yay! All you have to do is put three stickers on your car and win. Too bad the national event in Florida has already passed this year. Oh well. I'll post some pics of my car when it's ready to go sometime next week.

Attachments

• r204_tire_left.jpg
    r204_tire_left.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0
These things have the thickest sidewall I've ever seen. They are so stiff that a fat man can stand on top of on with no air pressure in it, and it won't compress an inch. Hankook also has a very good contingency sponsorship program. Hankook money for more tires! Yay! All you have to do is put three stickers on your car and win. Too bad the national event in Florida has already passed this year. Oh well. I'll post some pics of my car when it's ready to go sometime next week.

How much were those?

Tampa rally is selling them for 95 a piece. That's because hankook is discontinuing them in the U.S. They were 239 in December.

I think they're going to be very noisy. But then they're a competition only non d.o.t. tire. I'm only going to put them on the car on race days. If the event is far enough away, I'll put them on at the event and take them off before I leave.

I think they're going to be very noisy. But then they're a competition only non d.o.t. tire. I'm only going to put them on the car on race days. If the event is far enough away, I'll put them on at the event and take them off before I leave.

oh.........

There would be ZERO sense in running an SVT, especially with all the extra body cladding and low clearance bumpers. I hope it's just a regular contour with an SVT motor maybe.

I do in fact rally an svt. I have raised the car for now because I still have the svt bodywork on it. So as it sits I have over 6 inches of ground clearance at the lowest point. I will be getting regular se bodywork for next month however. There will be pictures by the end of the day Monday and video about a day later.

there are three main classes. Stock, prepared, and mod in that order. Since my car is completely gutted, I'm in mod. That means I can do nearly anything. I want to compete in group 5 stage rally in 2010, I'm going to build a supercharged 3 liter engine.

I lifted it by putting 8 inch springs up front and 10 in the rear. For now the rates are 275 up front and 250 in the rear. I'll post a pic of the car tonight. It's probably the only svt with giant mudflaps.

Back