• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Regular 2.5L in SVTC????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
:shocked:

Has anyone seen this? I know a guy who did it just to get his car going again. I guess it's a possible route - have to wonder why a 3L swap didn't take place:shrug:. A friend told me that he's planning on selling the car. Do you think anyone would buy a SVTC with a non-SVT duratec in it?

:shocked:

Has anyone seen this? I know a guy who did it just to get his car going again. I guess it's a possible route - have to wonder why a 3L swap didn't take place:shrug:. A friend told me that he's planning on selling the car. Do you think anyone would buy a SVTC with a non-SVT duratec in it?

Yup. Cheaper than a reg SVT, but it will sell.

i hope a mod locks this before a fordman302 versus hellcat91 takes place again!

how would you know?

how would you know?

I just bought a sct form a guy that said a new engine was put in it

it has the svt intake setup, is the long block any different? I suppose lowe compression

it accelerates fairly well, but my 97 SHO taurus would have left it behind from about 70 mph on? sadly it got totaled.

what engine is needed year and application to do a 3.0 swap and what do you keep from the 2.5 heads and intake or just intake?

I just bought a sct form a guy that said a new engine was put in it

it has the svt intake setup, is the long block any different? I suppose lowe compression

it accelerates fairly well, but my 97 SHO taurus would have left it behind from about 70 mph on? sadly it got totaled.

what engine is needed year and application to do a 3.0 swap and what do you keep from the 2.5 heads and intake or just intake?

Yes, SVT has higher compression pistons as well as different heads and cams.

Youll need a 99+ 3.0L duratec to do a 3.0L swap.

I know of somebody over here who replaced a dead ST200 (svt) engine with a standard v6 and put the svt uim/lim/tb on and sold it without notifying the buyer. :nonono:

I've seen a few over the years where the SVT motor was replaced with a standard 2.5 because the owner either could't trackdown a replacement SVT motor or just didn't knowany better. It is a shame.

i guess the people wouldnt know if they got a real svt without checkin the engine code on it, i think its written on the timing chain covers, but anyone can paint the manifold black, put the logo on their and sell it as an svt contour :(

Ya there sure was an incident on here a few months ago where someone didnt bother to disclose the fact of a non svt motor being in an svtc and it did get sold for the going rate of a ''real'' svtc. car still drives good but doesnt have the top end power of the svt motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back