• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my new stuff

I actually ran all my wires together down the center of the interior. They run under the center console and carpet, under the rear seat bench, and come up just behind the seat where the amp is mounted. Theres no slack or extra wiring hanging around anywhere.

Yeah that's another way to go as well, but that's more difficult, though it is overall better at hiding everything. Putting the wire under the molding in my case meant taking nothing apart at all. I just pulled and pinched and I was done :cool:. But then again, I just have one 8g power wire under the molding and a cheap remote wire.

I would just like to add that I have never had any issues running wire down the moldings. Believe it or not, I have 0 gauge for me battery relocation ran under the molding, and IIRC I have 4 gauge for my amp packed on the same side. No buldging or anything.

I would just like to add that I have never had any issues running wire down the moldings. Believe it or not, I have 0 gauge for me battery relocation ran under the molding, and IIRC I have 4 gauge for my amp packed on the same side. No buldging or anything.

x2. There is a LOT of room under there.

I have my amp under the passenger seat. I ended up running my power wire under my center console and under the carpet to the amp. I grounded the amp out under the seat bracket. Worked pretty good and its clean... It is quite convenient because everything is accessible from the driver's seat if anything needs to be adjusted.

Back