• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Monster 3L Dyno

I drove this car last Sat. and that thing fuggin' flies. I got goose bumps. Aaron do you have the Zetec final drive? It felt like it. Also was the CE light for the missing EGR still?

I drove this car last Sat. and that thing fuggin' flies. I got goose bumps. Aaron do you have the Zetec final drive? It felt like it. Also was the CE light for the missing EGR still?

Remind me to not give you my keys again haha :D, but then agian maybe it was payback for my car breaking like 3 of your tools haha. No it doesn't have the Zetec FD. The CEL is for the EGR and DPFE since I have neither in my car, I just need to find out the code to erase it from the computer. Thanks for doing that alternator for me.

Aaron

I was there first hand to watch and feel the power of that 3L, and let me say! WOW Nice car man! congrats.. See u sunday, oh and ill buy ur kit!

Nima (96blackse) deserves a "good job" post too... So I'll say it to him, I said it to him yesterday when I saw him in person after I heard the news from you...

I've gotta say that is an impressive dyno plot. I am actually surprised at how well the power held on up top with the 3L intake setup.

Makes me wish I had the SVT cams and an MTX so I could compare a 3L SVT with active secondaries to this... Oh, well. Somebody will eventually dyno an '03 or '04 3L with the full SVT treatment.

Wow ! Very impressive. I knew I could trust Nima on this one.

Cant wait till mine becomes alive :rolleyes:

Aaron..... can you tell me.... did your car run okay with no EGR? i plan on running gutted secondaries and no EGR.... on the way to the dyno. will save me a trailer trip. it would be run that way for about 50 miles. think it will hurt anything? i have a wideband to monitor AFR while i limp it there. but i have heard that taking off the EGR can cause the car to run like total crap?

Aaron.... I hate you.

Give me my money :D lol.

Aaron..... can you tell me.... did your car run okay with no EGR? i plan on running gutted secondaries and no EGR.... on the way to the dyno. will save me a trailer trip. it would be run that way for about 50 miles. think it will hurt anything? i have a wideband to monitor AFR while i limp it there. but i have heard that taking off the EGR can cause the car to run like total crap?

My car is tuned to run with no secondaries and no EGR so I'm not much help there sorry.

Aaron

alright thanks. and very nice numbers.....gives the full 3L guys hope. i'll never put that manifold on my car though.... well i cant now. its ported for a split port. lol

Shahin is that you? Let me know once you dyno it, I am curious as to what my old SVT will dyno.

Aaron

yea lol...im just rebuilding the tranny u probablly heard the story from nima...but yeah for sure hopefuly in the next week or 2 i should have it posted up
icon7.gif

yea lol...im just rebuilding the tranny u probablly heard the story from nima...but yeah for sure hopefuly in the next week or 2 i should have it posted up
icon7.gif

Yeah I found a spare trans if you need, let me know. One question how on earth do you destroy a Torsen :eek: ? Good luck with the car. Too bad you aren't closer as it would eb awesome to have both cars on the same dyno since they have the same mods and would really give a nice dyno comparison.

Aaron

Yeah I found a spare trans if you need, let me know. One question how on earth do you destroy a Torsen :eek: ? Good luck with the car. Too bad you aren't closer as it would eb awesome to have both cars on the same dyno since they have the same mods and would really give a nice dyno comparison.

Aaron
LOL.. man to be honest i dont know how but i did it ! it actually happend after i snapt an axle at the track launching at 2g :shrug: . After replacing the axle everytime i would go around a corner with minimum load it would clunk(like a clutch type lsd) couldnt figure out what it was...changed the whole front end.. took it to ford they still couldnt figure it out and i just didnt wanna believe that it was the diff lol till i had no other choice but taking the tranny apart.
p.s you should of seen the 3rd and 4th gear synchros!! and remeber how there was no feel to second gear? well it was the shifter cables the bushing was just done!

LOL.. man to be honest i dont know how but i did it ! it actually happend after i snapt an axle at the track launching at 2g :shrug: . After replacing the axle everytime i would go around a corner with minimum load it would clunk(like a clutch type lsd) couldnt figure out what it was...changed the whole front end.. took it to ford they still couldnt figure it out and i just didnt wanna believe that it was the diff lol till i had no other choice but taking the tranny apart.
p.s you should of seen the 3rd and 4th gear synchros!! and remeber how there was no feel to second gear? well it was the shifter cables the bushing was just done!

Damn that's nuts. Hope everythign works out for you man. We gotta go cruising this summer.

Aaron

Back