• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

aj's new lights

they started out looking like this
IMG_0722.jpg

ive got a new way of doing the lenses now that gives amazing results heres the same light after 10 minutes of working the lens. this one being a poor example because the chrome peice is worn out and all the spotting on the chrome but you get the idea. the new way kicks ass.
IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

dont you see the glare? its just the lighting. plus youll always get a slight difference in a pic of paint vs. if you took the pic of the same color behind a clear plastic cover

Last edited:
bagged, mind me asking what your "new" process is? I spent forever wet sanding my headlights. Not complaining, they look good but if something works just as good but faster then why not.

Also, do you re-spray the lens with a clear acrylic or just leave it alone and keep polishing it? I haven't coated mine yet but I was thinking about spraying them with clear acrylic to help protect them after I finish polishing them.

im not telling my new secret. and dont clearcoat your lenses it looks awful.

i do have a protectant coating i use.
the clear never lays right on the lens and always looks like poop

your new secret was acquired from my advice, jerk.

and im not going to say it either, I will say its a lot of :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing work.

your new secret was acquired from my advice, jerk.

and im not going to say it either, I will say its a lot of :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing work.

not really, if you recall in the begining im the one who mentioned it, and funded it so
funny-15.jpg

your just pissy cause i april fooled your goofy ass LOL

Last edited:
I think you guys must share this new found secret. I'm sick of my clear coat splitting up and cracking every time i apply it to my wet sanded headlights.

After seeing the headlights in person. Bagged did a sweet job. I have no idea what alias did though, probably applied the super secret special sauce/coating:help:

Back