• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My N/A...

there's a guy on teamzx2.com that has pretty much every n/a mod and he only made 134hp at the wheels with his atx, that's with head work, milled to 10.5:1, p&p'd IM and some really aggressive web cams. this is kinda what turned me away from going n/a. in the end you can pay just as much going n/a than you would going turbo, but you'll always see better gains/price with f/i
then he is retarded. i made 125WHP with nothing but an intake, exhaust, UDP, and FPR. and my car had 130K miles on it at the time.

then he is retarded. i made 125WHP with nothing but an intake, exhaust, UDP, and FPR. and my car had 130K miles on it at the time.

LOL! After I get my car running better I would really like to run it on a dyno to see what kind of crappy numbers it puts out. I'm sure it would be beneficial to the rest of the Zetec guys.

Oh and my bad I coulda swore you had SVT gauges :crazy:

I'd like to dyno my ride. I currently have UDP, 3" Intake, and cat-back SVT exhaust. I want to optimize the TB and and get a full exhaust setup.

Right now I'm saving up to redo the entire suspension. Go-fast mods are on a hold, for now.

30lb injectors NOT NEEDED - did the calc with striker2 need atleast 24s and 30's were cheaper for me

MAf- free so why not

SVT radiator - free so again why not

maf adapter - to hook up filter to intake :crazy:

3" intake - getting a 65mm TB eventually

fuel pump is focus correct

I am also looking at making more the 137hp at the crank so i needed bigger injectors. the 30's were cheap and future plan required them like strikers said.
The SVT radiator is no different than yours. 65mm TB on a N/A car is only going to get you maybe 3-5 hp if that. Spend your money elsewhere.

For the record, I made 126 hp with an intake, 2.25" exhaust, race header, Superchip, and UDP. Stock injectors

When I installed the supercharger (stock pulley) I ran stock Zetec MAF, and stock injectors until I got my Diablochip, 42# injectors, and Mustang GT MAF in.

The SVT radiator is no different than yours. 65mm TB on a N/A car is only going to get you maybe 3-5 hp if that. Spend your money elsewhere.

For the record, I made 126 hp with an intake, 2.25" exhaust, race header, Superchip, and UDP. Stock injectors

When I installed the supercharger (stock pulley) I ran stock Zetec MAF, and stock injectors until I got my Diablochip, 42# injectors, and Mustang GT MAF in.

there is a difference in radiators as the svt one's flow more. thats why people sell them as svt radiators even on NECO :crazy:.

and duh you only made 126 on stock injectors. They only support 136 at the crank, then factory in drivetrain lose :shocked:

whats the talk about the supercharger for, thats what you did? your injectors probly ran a 100% load until you got the :censored::censored::censored::censored: swapped out.

So whats the point in telling me these numbers again? Other the starting this flame war? :laugh:

removing the stock tranny cooler. cooling hot tranny fluid with hot engine cooling fluid seems like a stupid idea. please i got one from my buddies wrecked car.

removing the stock tranny cooler. cooling hot tranny fluid with hot engine cooling fluid seems like a stupid idea. please i got one from my buddies wrecked car.

Yes but the idea is it goes through the radiator, which has air passing over it, thereby removing the heat...

yep and if your car overheats you have the good possibility of overheating the trans soon after. Its a 2 birds one stone cooling system if it fails. :help:

yep and if your car overheats you have the good possibility of overheating the trans soon after. Its a 2 birds one stone cooling system if it fails. :help:
Um no...they are 2 different systems. ANYWAY, if you are you going to get rid of the stock tranny cooler, at least do it right and spend the $40 and get a B&M supercooler.:shrug:

Devan seems like he has a plan and he's got some pretty smart cats helping him out. Why do you keep prodding at him hector? Don't you have some EVO's you should be grinding into gear?

Wow.. this thread took a turn for the serious. I say, spend your money where you want, but it's one thing to talk mods, it's another to implement them. I say build it up how you want and try it out.

Devan seems like he has a plan and he's got some pretty smart cats helping him out. Why do you keep prodding at him hector? Don't you have some EVO's you should be grinding into gear?
Prodding? I am suggesting certain things that worked on my car. I did this all before. You shouldn't be questioning topics you have no clue about.

I just wanted to let you know how cool you are TRYING to take a low blow at me.:nonono:

Yikes @ mods taking shots at mods :nonono:.

In all due respect, Hector knows nearly everything about this engine along with Daniel.

Given that, Pud, I don't think Hector is "prodding" at anything. I think he is giving his insight as to the best way to go about doing things. So I think Hector and Devan should be allowed to exchange posts and/or PM's about this project so that way we can all be constructive as a whole.

[/wannabe mod]

all the parts devan is putting on the car that everyone is telling him to not spend the money are free :shrug:
kids over here scavenging through my parts like a crackhead through an empty bag of crack:laugh:
and even if they dont net him huge gains he still has the bragging rights of saying he has them. i mean really guys were talking about making 130 h.p here. ive had pedal bikes faster than that:laugh: the car is never going to be "fast" so like everyone else on the site he wants to atleat be able to say my car has "this"

all the parts devan is putting on the car that everyone is telling him to not spend the money are free :shrug:
kids over here scavenging through my parts like a crackhead through an empty bag of crack:laugh:
and even if they dont net him huge gains he still has the bragging rights of saying he has them. i mean really guys were talking about making 130 h.p here. ive had pedal bikes faster than that:laugh: the car is never going to be "fast" so like everyone else on the site he wants to atleat be able to say my car has "this"

ding ding ding we have a winner! but more like 145whp :shrug:. still not that great though.

Geez bagged, we all saw what you made him do for parts last time. Do something like that again? How about a prom dress?

Back