• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My N/A...

D

devanmc

So im going pretty far with the N/A mods and i wanted to create my own self indulging thread for people to ignore. :laugh: So we can discuss other ideas, cheap one or project ones for later. Im trying to make the fastest contour zetec atx i can. Should be fun and pretty quick.

mods at sz should be:
short ram with heatsheild or CAI
70mm Pro-m maf
30lb injectors
ported out TB
freshly clean intake mani
weapon-r headers
2.25" weapon-r down pipe
2.25" exhaust
cam gears
massive speed systems cam gear bolts
new header hardware
vct delete
svt radiator
external trans cooler
svt front brakes, rear disc
BAT rear sway bar
stock or SVT front sway bar(looking for input)
newer rear sub frame
front and rear strut tower bars
svt suspension(for now, cuz im poor)
braided brake lines
Some kind of tune
self dialed in cam gears
UDP from ebay, its very small and very lite
MAF adapter for filter
3"intake pipe
PCV system changed to "open" with catch can, instead of the stock "closed"
svt fuel pump(i hope)
-some weight reduction
gauge pillar pod
water temp, volt, oil pressure, and trans temp gauges
custom(1 off to my knowledge) svt gauge cluster modded for the zetec
MSD ignition coil and wires
Motorcraft Copper spark plugs

[i think there is more but i cant remember right now]

Last edited:
:mad: needs to learn what N/A means! turbo and such will eventually come but im 17 im no where near the funds needed for a turbo and forged internals

:mad: needs to learn what N/A means! turbo and such will eventually come but im 17 im no where near the funds needed for a turbo and forged internals

I thought everyone had an inside joke:laugh:. Like say turbo or supercharger just to piss the "Natural Aspirated" people off.

IMO I think you should change some weight reduction to: gutting everything, including the a/c and having racing seats to get the most of out your set-up.

ill be gutting as much interior as i can for track day and drag day at spring zing but this is still my DD. Got and racing seats to donate? :laugh:

but yes the a/c is also going to the garbage. it hasnt ever worked anyways.

Last edited:
I would look into a CF hood too. I dont know how much weight you would lose but if you are looking for any extra weight that would help too. Of course that is all aesthetics.

Sorry no racing seats to donate:cool:

I hear you there. I'd love to have a supercharger but unfortunately 3 grand is hard to come by. :nonono:

For the price you would buy a svt suspension, you might be able to get a used BAT kit. I'd search around for that before I'd drop another stock suspension in the car.

I hear you there. I'd love to have a supercharger but unfortunately 3 grand is hard to come by. :nonono:

For the price you would buy a svt suspension, you might be able to get a used BAT kit. I'd search around for that before I'd drop another stock suspension in the car.

its coming from my friends wrecked svt turned parts car, its free for me. :eek: besides, behind the wheel the svt suspension will make it feel like a whole new car. My current stock set up has 130xxx on it and one of the front springs are now broken. huge amounts or body roll and such currently

I would look into a CF hood too. I dont know how much weight you would lose but if you are looking for any extra weight that would help too. Of course that is all aesthetics.

Sorry no racing seats to donate:cool:

probly no CF hoods either :laugh:

Last edited:
meh changed my mind, i want something different. not just like everyone else.

Last edited:
If you are going N/A, you should get the head worked. That's what's left on my list. And I'm with ya... a super would be nice, but it's hard to part with $3k. :eek:

i wish, but it will all come in time.

you know we both need the CD4Ejr kit for our trans. you need it more then i. look up the CD4E FAQ and read threw.

Last edited:
So im going pretty far with the N/A mods and i wanted to create my own self indulging thread for people to ignore. :laugh: So we can discuss other ideas, cheap one or project ones for later. Im trying to make the fastest contour zetec atx i can. Should be fun and pretty quick.

mods at sz should be:
short ram with heatsheild or CAI
70mm Pro-m maf NOT NEEDED
30lb injectors NOT NEEDED
ported out TB
freshly clean intake mani
weapon-r headers
2.25" weapon-r down pipe
2.25" exhaust
cam gears
massive speed systems cam gear bolts
new header hardware
vct delete
svt radiator NOT NEEDED
external trans cooler
svt front brakes, rear disc
BAT rear sway bar
stock or SVT front sway bar(looking for input) STOCK FRONT IS FINE
newer rear sub frame
front and rear strut tower bars
svt suspension(for now, cuz im poor)
braided brake lines
Some kind of tune
self dialed in cam gears
UDP from ebay, its very small and very lite
MAF adapter for filter ISN'T THIS THE SAME AS A SRI OR CAI?
3"intake pipe AGAIN....
PCV system changed to "open" with catch can, instead of the stock "closed"
svt fuel pump(i hope) SVT FOCUS?
-some weight reduction
gauge pillar pod
water temp, volt, oil pressure, and trans temp gauges
custom(1 off to my knowledge) svt gauge cluster modded for the zetec I HAD A SVT CLUSTER
MSD ignition coil and wires
Motorcraft Copper spark plugs

[i think there is more but i cant remember right now]

I edited your list.

Last edited:
i dont have SVT gauges, at least not in my zetec. i had V6 gauges at one point though.

while there is no reason to up the MAF without serious work he said he is getting it and all the stuff required to make it work properly for free. so while he may not see any gains from the MAF, at least hes not wasting money on it.

while he may not need the injectors right now, his eventual plans will require them. as long as he gets a tune there should be no issues with installing them with everything else.

SVT radiator and sway bar. i told him that the stock bar is fine but if he is going to be dropping the subframe for something else and he has an SVT bar then he might as well install it. i wouldnt bother with the radiator unless there is something wrong with your factory one.

he has a returnless car so it had better be an SVTF fuel pump

I edited your list.

30lb injectors NOT NEEDED - did the calc with striker2 need atleast 24s and 30's were cheaper for me

MAf- free so why not

SVT radiator - free so again why not

maf adapter - to hook up filter to intake :crazy:

3" intake - getting a 65mm TB eventually

fuel pump is focus correct

I am also looking at making more the 137hp at the crank so i needed bigger injectors. the 30's were cheap and future plan required them like strikers said.

there's a guy on teamzx2.com that has pretty much every n/a mod and he only made 134hp at the wheels with his atx, that's with head work, milled to 10.5:1, p&p'd IM and some really aggressive web cams. this is kinda what turned me away from going n/a. in the end you can pay just as much going n/a than you would going turbo, but you'll always see better gains/price with f/i

Back