• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A piece of NEPA history

xtascox

Hard-core CEG'er
A friend and I took a trip up to Bear Creek and after about a 1/2 mile walk into the woods we came upon this:
PICT0010.jpg

And shortly after, this spectacle:

PICT0013.jpg

All the pictures I took today can be found here at full resolution
http://xtascox.thruhere.net/images/pocono_drag_lodge

ENJOY!

Last edited:
There should be half of them in that album within the next 5 or so minutes, I have to head out so if anyone wants to see more they will have to follow the first link.

There should be half of them in that album within the next 5 or so minutes, I have to head out so if anyone wants to see more they will have to follow the first link.

Tease.
Go ahead and leave, make us sit here half the night and wait for those pictures to load...:help:

Cool shots, cool place. :)

Putting the rest up now...

They take forever to upload because of the original size so It will probably be a half hour before they are all up, and there's still a few more to add after this.

Last edited:
!!

That is awesome. I LOVE old abandoned history like that. Can't believe they just left everything as is, and to find it in the middle of the woods like that.

Google Maps says there is an "official" driveway entrance off of Meadow Run Rd, if you do go back there. link

!!

That is awesome. I LOVE old abandoned history like that. Can't believe they just left everything as is, and to find it in the middle of the woods like that.

Google Maps says there is an "official" driveway entrance off of Meadow Run Rd, if you do go back there. link

You actually want to go down a ways, theres another road that has a game lands parking area, you walk down the access road a little and there is a trail on your left. If you go to the top of the track (the part away from the cell tower) in the map, you can see the trail leading off the end of the track to the game lands road.

Also from talking to my Father and my friend's father, the place closed down sometime in the 70's. Apparently it was the place to be.

Here's some video footage:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tQKp3QR5Los

Last edited:
Back