• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody ever get a Ticket......?

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
that showed other as the vehicle??? I got a parking ticket last night for street cleaning, another 42 bucks down the hole for nothing.....

But My license plate is correct on the ticket!

My car has SVT ovals and doesnt say FORD anywhere besides the ST200 Rim Caps.....

Just wondering if anyone every got this???

My car had Other as the make was blank as model was an 04....

- Amyn

I've heard of it happening to people that debadged their cars.
Ticket writers don't know every make/model just by looking at them, so if there's no badging, then they don't know what your car is.

my dad was driving a debadged 70 mgb gt and the cop that wrote the ticket wrote it up as a fiat. my dad fought it and the judge let it go.

This happened to me a couple times. One time the put down I was a female with blue hair and green eyes. I could see that mistake being made easily, lol.

I've heard of it happening to people that debadged their cars.
Ticket writers don't know every make/model just by looking at them, so if there's no badging, then they don't know what your car is.
Because of that possibly happening, I wouldnt be surprised if "Debadging" is illegal here in Minnesota.
This happened to me a couple times. One time the put down I was a female with blue hair and green eyes. I could see that mistake being made easily, lol.
DOH!!!!!

Yeah, I believe this same sort of thing happend to me back in high school when I had my old 92 Prelude SI, "which has always been one of my cars i've always missed for some reason, but anyways. I got a ticket one time that read "Plymouth" insted of "Prelude" and I wasn't even Debadged! Goes to show it must not take alot to become a cop now adays...:laugh:
Anyways while I'm talking about it, i'll post whore a lil bit and post a pic of my old prelude just for the hell of it.

Dont hate, memeber this was like my second car ever back in high school!!!
224778021fullon9.jpg

Dont hate, memeber this was like my second car ever back in high school!!!
224778021fullon9.jpg
Im usually not a fan of Preludes but that looks pretty sick. I dont think the back of those cars look good at all, well at least that model. The newer preludes are much sexier......

- Amyn

i got a parking ticket at school, took it off the windshield, put in garbage, never had a problem. :laugh:

haha i have done that before :D

also once the sheriff at my college pulled me over randomly and gave me 2 idiotic infractions (fought them both and won) and on the ticket it said i was driving a taurus.

They write parking tickets at work, but since I've had 3 different cars since I was employed at this place my car isn't on the registry. So they can't track me down. Supposedly if you get too many parking tickets you can get written up.

Yeah i did the same thing when i was in college...i got a ticket and just threw it out. i was on my second car (the SVT) and they didn't have it on record.

I also stopped paying the $60 per 3 months for a parking permit...since i discovered i could park in the "guest" parking spaces and noone would bother me.

had to walk farther, but who cares?

I wrote tickets for about 3 years in college for the police. Parking in a guest spot with me would never fly, because I'd recognize the same car being in the same spot every day.

My school used to record the tickets right onto your student account, so there wasn't any way to get around paying them.

I don't believe it's illegel to take off your badges because you have your plates which if a cop does his job and runs the plates the correct year make and model will come up. could be wrong but don't think I am.

Back