• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

swappin over to 04 valve covers

fordrule

CEG'er
I built my 3L back in 05 before the whole full 3L vs svt 3L debate exploded. so mine is a full 02 sable 3L heads and block w/ svt cams/inj/lim(gutted)/uim. it has been split-port matched.i dont have my imrc since i have a prp w/ my xcal2 it has a strong tune and there is no stumble down low with the absence of secondaries. there is power all the way to 7k. yet i have not had time to dyno it, but i am thinking ~210 hp

I have been reading and see that the 04/05 valve covers have the better pcv system. My question is on the routing of the pcv system. I do have the steeda oil/air sperator from sp motorsports, and it is in line with my pcv system now. I am also plannin on adding he cops system also. i am getting a pretty sweet deal for everything here is a pic. anything else except gaskets am i going to need? also about the routing to my svt uim. I am also playing with the idea of the cops system, since there has been no dyno proven +/- of the system and also i will still be able to adjust the igniton system through my xcal2/prp. also another bonus is since i dont have to worry about mounting my imrc box and i am thinking of going boosted when i get back from the sandbox. i remember reading through trevor's(fastcougar on neco) turbo build and he was lookin at the newer valve covers to battle the oil in the intake system

this is a pic of the lot i am looking at getting,
sd530267ax4.jpg

copinstallona3lwx8.jpg

ideas? comments? i cross posted this on neco and Fco but i am doing my research before i jump into something. i haven't really got ny answers on neco,so here i am over here....trolling... i have not made up my mind on the cop system and the 04 valvecovers yet.

terry haines said more about the diameter of the lines than fitting
terry haines at Fco said:
...the issue is SIZE.You must retain the PCV hose bore size on the later 3.0 covers.That means a larger fitting used on the 2.5 UIM, the stoc size is way too small.The PCV valve is in the rear cover so that is not an issue.As to your steeda mod, that too ,is way too small so either dump it or go with a larger 'can' with larger fittings.The moral here is it needs to be the same size all the way,like the 3.0 system.The 'air in' is still taken after the MAF but only to the front cover...that too must be the same size as the 3.0 system...Dont forget to 'T' into the line from the rear cover to the intake manifold for the fuel tank 'purge' line....

yeah I would agree with all of that. that was suppose to be the advantage of the redesigned system, it was bigger.

If you don't already have the valve covers and coils, there's not a really good reason to spend the money to switch over, but if your engine came with it, it's a good thing to keep around.

If you don't already have the valve covers and coils, there's not a really good reason to spend the money to switch over, but if your engine came with it, it's a good thing to keep around.

there are enough people with those parts left over from their 3L build that I bet would sell them at a good price.

Back