• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rolling fenders

2kSVT

CEG'er
Does anyone still have the pictures from the fender rolling how-to. I searched and found one "compliments of Stazi" about bending the salami cutter in the rear fender well with a ball bat. I'm guessing you bend them outward away from the tires edge. The pictures in the post have since timed out. I have 18's with rubber bands for the summer. I also have B&G autobahns and KYB struts in the garage awaiting install. The Yokohama AVS es100's are too pricey to be shredding with the new 2" drop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rod

That thing is a little pricey, do you know if you can rent one anywhere?? That is the result I'm looking for though. We also have a piece of metal that looks like a knife between the bumper cover and fender that needs attention..

You can rent this one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WIDE...006QQitemZ160217861377QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It's for 3 full days... Shipping is included in the price... Have you checked out any body shops for prices? That might be just as cheap.

EDIT:Renting from them is a bad idea. A separate $300 dollar deposit to PayPal must be made immediately following your receipt of my Paypal Funds Request. The kit will not ship until the Funds are received. I will decline this deposit transaction and it will be returned to your account when the fender rolling kit is returned in the same working condition

Last edited:
his feedback seems to be very good. total would be $90. my mechanic's shop does fender rolling. i'm curious what they charge. if its something i can do, i'd prefer to use my own hands and time to do it, rather than pay someone. at least if you chip the paint you have no one to blame and dont have to worry about dealing with a shop. if its like $50 i'll have the shop do it. or split the $90 cost with another person or two and do all the cars within those 3 days.

i actually took a grinder to mine this weekend and put some paint over it works fine and isnt goin to rub any more

i had my car up on a lift and i used a dead blow hammer, but the baseball bat method is effective as previously mentioned.

I also have B&G autobahns and KYB struts in the garage awaiting install.

Rod

DO NOT use the KYB struts, assuming they are GR2's (which are the only KYB's available for a tour i know of), with those springs, unless you want to spend more money and replace your struts in a short window of time.

I got everything for little over $200, so I can't complain. I finished the install today. The center section of the shaft was not fully seated due to a burr on the coupler. It took longer than I planned and a couple trips to the parts store. I did it by myself, as my mechanic buddy bailed on me. I had to replace my drivers side steering ball joint thingy. The how to said a few taps and it comes out. This was true for the pass. side, but I spent an hour trying to get the drivers side one out. I went and bought a ball joint tool and that barely got it out. Needless to say it looked bad. I cut the "tire cutter" out of the wheel wells while I had it apart so hopefully the 18's don't rub on bumps anymore. There is no wheel gap in the rear and very little in the front. The E1's have tall Kuhmos and are almost the same height overall as the 18's so it should look good.

Back