• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This thread is not intended for 56K or low res monitors.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
P8120057.jpg

P8120056.jpg

P8120060.jpg

P8120058.jpg

P8120062.jpg

i like the third one. one of my favorite views of that car was from the front, low to the ground.

Last edited:
Dan, are you busy tomorrow? I'm off and should be home all day. Maybe we could get the cars together? I have some impressive wheel cleaner that should make yours look almost new.

Yeah unfortunately I gotta work all day tomorrow and tuesday, but after that I don't work until friday night and the rest of the weekend, so maybe if you have wednesday or thursday free we could definitely do that and maybe grab a beer too haha.

I go back to work Tuesday and don't have off until Saturday. Saturday night after I wake up I'm driving down to jersey for 3 or 4 days, then back to work for another 4. So looks like we won't be able to get the cars together for about a month. :blackeye:

Ouch that sucks, but at least when we finally do get a day for detailing, we'll have really dirty rides, and more cleaning requires more beer, it's science.

Haha, unfortunately, I've been in the habit of washing it once every 6 or 7 days. I've got quite a few coats of wax on it now too.

How did you mount that plate?? I'd like to ditch my nasty front plate mount but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet :) Front plate is required here in MN.

Pics look nice too ;)

How did you mount that plate?? I'd like to ditch my nasty front plate mount but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet :) Front plate is required here in MN.

Pics look nice too ;)

Front plates are only required if the cop tells you so. :) I had a trooper help me one time when the alt on the talon died on me and he went to the front of the car (no plate) then back around to the rear of the car. He didn't say anything. Must have felt sorry for me. If you mount it down like that, then you are going to have nice little holes showing in the bumper.

Front plates are only required if the cop tells you so. :) I had a trooper help me one time when the alt on the talon died on me and he went to the front of the car (no plate) then back around to the rear of the car. He didn't say anything. Must have felt sorry for me. If you mount it down like that, then you are going to have nice little holes showing in the bumper.

Nothing that can't be filled when getting it repainted :) I'd like to have it re sprayed and have that 3M clear coating put on over this winter, in the process I was planning on having my license plate mounting holes as well as my mirko mounting holes filled :troutslap:

well, it does mount to the bumper cover, but under the lip on the lower grille....basically the top of the plate hanger has a tab that goe under there where you bolt it on...so you do have to make holes in the bumper cover, but they're in a place where you'll never see it...unless you happen to be looking at the car while lying on the ground.

i had to install it cause i was getting too many tickets for no front plate and refused to drill holes in the front of the car.

I thought about taking it off. The only reason I haven't though...theres some pretty nasty gouges directly behind it from the screws that held on the last plate. :shrug:

Back