• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What else needs to be done?

FYI: Kevlar clutches are hugely popular in the Probe, 626 and MX6 crowd. Boosted KLs (Mazda 2.5L) with ~300whp/wtq run just fine on these. When I upgrade my csvt clutch, which feels like a cheap dyno-wtf $50 clutch from Autozoe, I'll definitely use Kevlar.

The reason why people shun away from the SPEC Stage 2 Kevlar clutch is because kevlar can glaze. Most people skip the stage 2 all together and jump from a stage 1 to a stage 3.

im running the stock Sachs clutch from germany and it grabs like hell! by the way that is a stock SE clutch not SVT. so if you get the Sachs clutch you should be good to go. havent roasted it yet and if you have a softer clutch you are less likely to blow your diff. instead the clutch will take the beating. just an alternative.

Thanks for all the help ppl.

The diff then - is that not something that could be done later without too much hassle??

I've been running a stock SVT clutch in my 3L Mystique for about a year now and have had no problems with the clutch or diff. I know I'll probably get flamed for this but, the stock diff should hold up fine for most peoples everyday driving. Unless you drop the clutch for hard launches alot and hop the wheels, then I would seriously put the LSD type in.

Thanks for all the help ppl.

The diff then - is that not something that could be done later without too much hassle??

well it would require you to pull the mtx again so its best to do it while its already out of the car ... like I had an upgraded mtx to install but did it at the same time as the 3L which made it really easy to swap.

Back