• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

7 days and counting....

:troutslap: I like how he listed "Just a Junior in High school" on the CEG's careers thread. Is that a job? When I was a junior in HS I was working 37 hours per week and pulling a 3.9 GPA. Time to get job to pay for mods!

NO JOB EVER YET! Get a job slacker.... :nonono:

Last edited:
how did you get away with that? my school told me it was a law that any kid in school was only allowed to have a combined total of 50 hours between school and work, unless you had co-op? I was going to school 38 hours a week due to a zero hour, and worked 12 hours a week as thats all I was allowed.

Uhhh...I just did it? :shrug: I don't know. It's Texas, we have different laws I guess. I was pulling over 70 hours a week combined at one point. I did wonder about the legality of that myself at one point, but the money was coming in, I was making way more than anybody else I knew, I had a ton of money that I owed my dad for my truck, and I had to pay for everything myself except for car insurance (no mommy & daddy's credit card for gas and such...) so I didn't complain. I was in co-op my senior year because I had enough credits to graduate early, but I needed my last required english course (AP English 4) which was only offered 2nd & 3rd trimesters, so I got screwed and took co-op so I could take 2 periods a day off (one was supposed to be work) instead of the 1 maximum for regular students. So junior year, I worked every Sat & Sun, and 3 week days generally from like 3-10. Then senior year, I was done at lunch, and started work at like 1:00. Looking back...I was crazy, and I regret working all the time instead of doing other stuff, but you should have at least a 15 hour per week job if you are 17 and have a car. I wouldn't even want to think about having to pay for gas making $9/hour again today. It was bad enough getting 12 MPG at $1.40/Gal. I thought the world was going to end one day when it spiked to $1.90. :blackeye:

yah I think good old michigan has laws against too many hours for high schoolers. like you said though you gotta be able to enjoy life when your still a kid because once your out on your own life is pretty much work work work.

I did the same thing in high school, but my grades suffered a little. I just wanted money for gas, stereos, and ciggs. Unfortunately, my "success" at making money usually meant I sponsored the parties.

As far as I remeber, the only laws in illinois are for kids under 16. Of course there are alot of laws I don't know about.(Or choose not to remember)

i started working full time when i was 9 years old.
i worked as a laborer for a townhouse project, my father was the site supervisor.
yes it was illegal but cash makes the world go round.

i started working full time when i was 9 years old.
i worked as a laborer for a townhouse project, my father was the site supervisor.
yes it was illegal but cash makes the world go round.

My first 2 jobs where cash jobs in the scrapyard and a wood shop. The wood shop sucked but the scrap yard was fun at times. Worked there all through high school. On weekends me and my dad would work for beer :)

i just realized that i have been working for the past 23 years.
of course when i was real young it was just during the summer, but once i got into my teens i usually had at least three jobs at all time up until last year.

i am only 32 years old, so that means already i have worked for almost 3/4 of my life...i need to retire!

I purchased my SVT in may 07, and paid it off about two days ago. It feels great, but now I have to work on some maint. issues on it.

Adam

The Zangerly. Holy fark indeed.

You missed out on some sweet geo wrenching mang. I was up til 12 last night putting it back together. Almost done now just need to get a new alt. belt hopefully nothing leaks......

Back