• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

Congrats and getting it all together Brian, Do we have any ball park WHp#'s?​

not as of this time. but when I turn the boost up to 10~12 psi it should be around 300 whp.

when everything is together completely and its running well I can use my obdII tool and make a "dyno" run to get some numbers

got a replacement coupler ordered so that I can install the intake side of everything correctly tomorrow, hopefully then buttoning everything up

Hey, Brian, are you gunna bring that beast to Mark's Cruise Night next week? It's looking like Ryan and I will be there in the Olds.
Maybe I can get a ride:shrug:

well I kinda broke it already ....

that exhaust leak is at the wastegate. I thought I had it tightened down enough but I was wrong. That first time I really got on it the gasket on the up-pipe side blew out. I tightened then down more today but what was done was done. I was over excited to drive it. So my hope is that I can just pull the two bolts and slide the old gasket out and slide a new one in. otherwise I have to pull everything back out. At least I can get to three of the four bolts fairly easily. So I think I can take the two bolts on the blown side out and then the third that I can get to and rotate the wastegate out of the way alittle.

have to see. the only down side is it is leaking metered air so its going alittle lean at idle. however under boost the A/F is good.

Please be careful this late in the turbo build. I would actually be sad if something serious went wrong(oppss 15psi) and it's not even my car :nonono:

With that said I'm sure you'll have it up and running perfectly in no time.

Please be careful this late in the turbo build. I would actually be sad if something serious went wrong(oppss 15psi) and it's not even my car :nonono:​

With that said I'm sure you'll have it up and running perfectly in no time.​

the mbc I have is not installed yet so no chance of that. Like I said the wastegate is working correctly.

but hey, if something happens then something happens. Just needs to be replaced ....

Aww Brian, you should know better :nonono:. Don't worry man I'm confident you'll have it up and running soon!

ok, so your telling me that after starting the car up and having it idle correctly with no exhaust leaks and then driving around alittle that you wouldn't want to get on it alittle?

Just a dumb mistake that I hope can be fixed easily. I have a plan in mind to put in place tonight after work. I also got that new coupler coming in today so I can get the intake installed correctly also.

Last edited:
Haha I'm just messing :crazy:. I woulda brought that thing up to 13 psi and killed if it were my car, I GUARANTEE :p

another great reason to start at 3 psi and use a mbc to get higher. imagine if I left the 8 psi spring in the waste gate?

oh and someone questioned me before about going with 3 psi and that this intercooler could have a 3psi pressure drop. well the vac/boost reference is after the tb so the wastegate will open when the engine sees 3 psi not the turbo. so the turbo might be making something like 6 psi but the engine only sees 3 psi.

I also got a digital non contact thermometer and we checking things out as it idled last night. the down pipe was running at about 350 degrees but the intake pipes after the intercooler where around 80 degrees. it was most likely still around 70~80 degrees at that time last night.

oh I finally looked at the speedo last night. running the car in 1st I can get to like 35 mph in a few hundred feet now. I'll have to measure it out to really know though.

Back