• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

so yet again another long day getting the turbo installed and up and running.

The morning started off with getting all of the hot side piping and turbo installed. By early afternoon that was completed. I then went about getting all of the charge pipes installed. Alot of the couplers needed to be cut down to make everything line up correctly. All in all that wasn't that bad to do. I did however cut the one to the inlet of the turbo to short. This brings the maf enterence up to high so I wasn't able to install the intake pipe and air filter. On start up the car idles very nicely. After pulling it tends to want to die but alittle gas helps that. With the 3 psi spring the boost comes right up to 3psi and sits there, meaning that everything is working as it should. the bov isn't that loud but in the storage unit I can only go fast. I think it isn't that loud because of the low boost. The first time I was able to shift to second on the power an exhaust leak developed. With Rogers help we quickly determined its the first exhaust joint after the down pipe. So tomorrow I will have to go through all of the exhaust joints and make sure everything is tight. I will also be ordering a new coupler tomorrow so that I can install the intake correctly.

The boost comes on slightly before the secondaries open I believe. The power is seemless. Rolling into the pedal just makes power and the turbo spins up really fast. The exhaust leak make it sound so bad ass, but that will get fixed.

Pic from around noon time where I had all the hot side piping installed and tightened down.
05-26-08_1139.jpg

after running the car the first time and hitting boost

05-26-08_1621.jpg

Last edited:
Glad I was able to help yesterday and it was fun going for a ride tonight. I love being a part of this eroctic excitement :laugh: :crazy: :laugh:

I can't wait for it to be totally completed. Make sure you let me know when your ready to start giving NECEG charity rides, Brian, cuz I'm totally in :laugh:

I can't wait for it to be totally completed. Make sure you let me know when your ready to start giving NECEG charity rides, Brian, cuz I'm totally in :laugh:

don't worry, I'll let everyone know .... but for now you have to just read roger and jess comments ...

Looking good B. I can't wait til that beast is up and running so I can get a ride to know what it'll feel like. Which turbo did you go with again? The .62 A/R?

I went with the .63 A/R for mid range power. As I noted power comes on about when the secondaries open or just before. the power output is seemless. I rolled into the pedal pretty quick starting at about 2k rpm and it pretty much just went and hit full boost very quickly.

YES, I totally love it. I guess I can sum it up with just two words.

Scary fast!

Brian thank you for letting me be the first passenger to ride in it. :cool:

YES, I totally love it. I guess I can sum it up with just two words.

Scary fast!

Brian thank you for letting me be the first passenger to ride in it. :cool:

lmao, yeah I didn't notice how fast I got going. I was watching the boost gauge :crazy: I do know however that I can get to 55 at the top end of second gear

tires where fighting to keep grip at the top end, but then again they are almost shot, just shy of the wear band so they will be replaced soon.

Last edited:
let us know when we can all come and drool. I still have to go up there and bring roger my heat shield (don't worry, I didn't forget roger!)

Apparently everyone thinks I'm a perverted bastard! Yay!

And honestly Brian, the only thing I can really think about is this:
thumb_Atom-topgear.jpg

:)

Back