• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

getting closer :laugh:

I was able to upgrade the fuel system today and tune the car. Everything was straight forward. The injectors and spark plugs where easy to swap. I was able to get it all done since I figured out an intake last night so that I can drive the car. I took one of the intake pipes that actually comes after the MAF and used that to install the 80mm maf and I picked up a cheap APC air filter to use for a few days. The tune was very easy to upload to the PCM and the car did fire right up. For the forst few minutes it didn't want to idle, ie the idle was very low but keeping it reved up for a little took care of that and after alittle time it came right down to the correct idle. I ended up about 5 minutes short of a down pour to be able to actually drive the car and see how it is. The tune I used is my turbo tune. But since my understanding is its set up to add fuel based on the amount of metered air it will run fine either as N/A or boosted.

05-21-08_1839.jpg

It's funny how much room that battery opens up:shocked:

So the tune is done, the FS is done, the oil provisions are done, and all the parts are there for the turbo. Is it going on this weekend? I'm soooo effing excited for it to be done, and I can't WAIT to see that car in person!

I'll let you trade it even for mine!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's funny how much room that battery opens up:shocked:

So the tune is done, the FS is done, the oil provisions are done, and all the parts are there for the turbo. Is it going on this weekend? I'm soooo effing excited for it to be done, and I can't WAIT to see that car in person!

I'll let you trade it even for mine!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yes hopefully this weekend ....

If I was to trade and you would need to throw in $25k ...

yes hopefully this weekend ....

If I was to trade and you would need to throw in $25k ...

I'll give $100....Final offer:laugh:

Like I've said, if you ever need a hand, just gimme a holler. I'll look for any excuse to work on that car/help some people out; and finally meet some people on here

I'll give $100....Final offer:laugh:

Like I've said, if you ever need a hand, just gimme a holler. I'll look for any excuse to work on that car/help some people out; and finally meet some people on here

Well, speaking for Brian, he only lets a selected group of friends actually touch that car... no offense to anyone, its his "baby" and I feel the same about my Cougar! :)

Well, speaking for Brian, he only lets a selected group of friends actually touch that car... no offense to anyone, its his "baby" and I feel the same about my Cougar! :)

I feel the same way about mine. Every bit of work on my car has been done by me, Brian, or Greg. The only thing installed at a shop was my clutch back in 2004. I knew the guys and I hung out at the shop many times before so I was familiar with their work.

Brian, everytime I read this thread, I feel the urge to go turbo. :crazy:

Must hold back, must hold back....

Can't you cut the battery tray to still be able to be bolted down in the stock location just for the fuse box alone?

I know I have a Bracket that came with the Vortech SC, that is supposed to be for the fuse box...

If I can find it, and post a pic, it'll give you a a second idea...

Brian, what do you use for for mounting the fuse box? I need something better.

since I had a plastic battery tray I just cut if off after the fuse box and mounted like normal

I'll try to get a better pic tonight

03-10-08_1908.jpg

Last edited:

well said Greg. And yes, no offense to anyone but there are only a few that I would to allow work on my cars, otherwise I do everything myself.

you have to hold back .... high compression isn't good, you would need a new engine first ... or at least 3L heads ...

Trust me, I know. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that held me back so far, otherwise I'd be right there with you. :laugh:

Trust me, I know. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that held me back so far, otherwise I'd be right there with you. :laugh:

well good I suppose ... you where the first 3L in CT so now I can be the first turbo'd contour in CT :laugh:

I look forward to helping a bit with the turbo this weekend. I can touch it also because Skye is my baby also :crazy: :laugh: :drool: :laugh:

Will you be up at Gregs at all this weekend? I'm looking to head up this Sunday for some work on my car.

Headers, wiring harness, axles, SS brake lines, NPG brakes, UD P/S and alt pulleys, and maybe looking into my continuous suspension clunks.

Will you be up at Gregs at all this weekend? I'm looking to head up this Sunday for some work on my car.

Headers, wiring harness, axles, SS brake lines, NPG brakes, UD P/S and alt pulleys, and maybe looking into my continuous suspension clunks.

I am sure I will be at some point. Ctmystique was looking to have everything ready to drop his 3L into his car Sunday so I might be there if I don't go home for the holiday weekend.

Otherwise I will be working out of my storage unit as I don't want my car stuck at Gregs, and I am sure he doesn't either, if I hit a snag with the turbo install.

Well Saturday I think is out for me. I'll be heading down to Middletown to get my oil changed on the Lexus and then when I get back I'll be spending some time working on the Mystique or the 00 SVT, depending on if the part comes in from Team Ford for the Mystique.

So much to do and no time. :mad:

Back