• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

smells like burned electrical...

D

devanmc

finally found my electrical problem the other day. Not sure how this happened, my best guess is water getting trapped under the carpet from the winter floor mats. Hoping to get back on the road this week with the help of a local CEG'er.

passengerwiring harness, section just in front of the trunk pull lever.
P3040007.jpg

Last edited:
lol the winter floormats are the devil because you bought them from me. :D

Man that's pretty crazy though.

winter floor mats are the devil period.

they dont dry off your feet, plus they leave puddles of standing water in your car.

just get cheap walmart carpeted ones for the winter if you dont want to wreck your factory ones.

lol thanks for the curse french.

and yes it is. Its all surface rust though. Though what do you expect from a 130xxxmile, 9 year old car, that has lived in michigan its whole life.

Last edited:
carfax says about 5years of fleet/lease use. :shrug:

Last edited:
ok some one give me the magic wand to make it go away or get over it. i have had the car for almost a year. its not my fault.

ok some one give me the magic wand to make it go away or get over it. i have had the car for almost a year. its not my fault.

call a fairy...................oh wait:laugh:

IMG_0513.jpg

:nonono: just had to bring that into this. this picture will haunt me forever now.

maybe while your car is down for the swap..do a svt interior swap and do some floor board sanding

it depends what bagged has in mind for my car. :shrug: id like the interior swap though :cool:

Back