• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Installed crystal clear fogs in the CSVT

R-code

CEG'er
Overall front shot, messy garage and all...
22447c6062f42dd8.jpg

Close up w/ headlight
22447c6062f47039.jpg

Nighttime. I like how much cleaner the beam is.
22447c606961e51d.jpg

Found these in a Mustang magazine advertised for a '98 Cobra. The CSVT's lense has the same part number on it as the '94-'01 Cobras, you just have to re-use your factory bracket and you're in business.

~Mike~

Nice! What type of bulbs do they use? What material is the lens made from? How much were they? More info lol!

Nice! What type of bulbs do they use? What material is the lens made from? How much were they? More info lol!
The bulbs are pretty much standard halogens, the lenses are plastic, I can't tell you off the top of my head what they cost, I'll have to flip through a 'stang mag and find the vendor I bought them from almost two years ago. I'll get back to you on that ;)

~Mike~

clear fog lights

clear fog lights

Do you remember which model number you ordered from this company? With all the different models they have, it is a little confusing.

Quick update; the chrome coating on the inside of the lense has already started to distort from the heat coming off of the bulbs. I think I need to find a cooler bulb before it gets out of hand.

What kills me is I'm using the bulbs that came with the lenses :nonono:

Quick update; the chrome coating on the inside of the lense has already started to distort from the heat coming off of the bulbs. I think I need to find a cooler bulb before it gets out of hand.

What kills me is I'm using the bulbs that came with the lenses :nonono:

It'll go away if you give me those headlights. :)

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Fog-Lights-And-Driving-Lights

That's the place I got them from. They're pretty spendy for a pair because you have to buy them with the brackets for a '98 Cobra. There are quite a few other choices on there, though. Enjoy!

~Mike~

Hey I was shopping around for similar products and found these. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=737
Just in case anyone is interested. That is unless they are junk?

Guess I'll stick with my $20 walmarts :cool:

would the platinum burners work as well?

or do they have to be foglights? lol

i havent been able to find proburners.

Just found out I've been using platinum burners the whole time. They work great :cool:

Another update. Water in the lenses as of yesterday.

Epic. Fail. :nonono:

~R~

Back