• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hella fog help

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
For all of those that have or had Hella Fogs I need some help. I'm having some wiring issues. Does anyone out the have any pictures of the back of the fog lights wired correctly. I'm using the switch that came with the lights and not splicing it into the stock switch. I'm hearing a clicking noise coming out of the relay whenever i try to switch them on. If i do indeed have them hooked up properly then i know i have a bad relay. Thanks
{J}

Last edited:
Weather has been bad here so i haven't gotten a chance to take pics yet. Its good to hear that your relays made a click. It gives me hope

Ok here are the pictures

Back of fogs
1008939619_45ae4665fe.jpg

1009668520_26f4557499.jpg

1009668554_3817c7b01f.jpg

1009668566_1c4cc82c9c.jpg

engine bay pics
in oder from top-fuse, relay, switch connection, and ground to chasis
1009668582_6d2e3daac9.jpg

picture of switch
1009668726_15f309682a.jpg

here is the link to the instructions which say white wire -to- white, black-to-black, and yellow-to-yellow, but those aren't the color combinations i actually have.

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/Docs/AngelEyeSeriesInstructions.pdf

Please help

*sorry about the links. for some reason the photo tags didn't work*

Last edited:
Your 3rd and 4th pictures look like the wires are not matched properly... Your white wire needs to go to the white wire, your yellow needs to go to yellow, and your 2 black wires need to go to that black plug.

Your current hook up is sending 2 positives to the main light, and one ground to the lower light. That won't make a circuit, hence why nothing is working... Match your colors then try again... should be pretty simple fix...

The Hellas are by far the easiest to wire. All you need to do is match up the colors and plug in a couple of multiplugs.

The Hellas are by far the easiest to wire. All you need to do is match up the colors and plug in a couple of multiplugs.

Thanks for making me feel even more stupid then i already do :nonono: It was an easy fix. The couplers threw me off. I thought the angle ring and the fog bulb had to be wired separately. Anyways thanks for the help. All i have to do is figure out where to bring the switch into the cockpit.

Back