• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Street racers beware!!!!!!

How long are those cars going to last. I can guarentee you that the cops will run the cars hard and wont know how to drive them properly.

Just wait one day when the cop drives out in the rain and puts it into a guardrail...
Do you think that there aren't any car enthusiasts on the police forces in this country? I don't know who gets assigned to these "special" vehicles but they could go to one of these enthusiasts who would know how to drive and take care of them.

As far as all this other teeth knashing about getting pulled over by one of these hot rods, just behave yourself and you've got nothing to worry about. :idea:
Karl

Can you still get busted if you at the line and don't know the car next to you is an officer. He rev at you and when is green, you go and you act like you're going to race him, then right when you reach the speed limit, you stay at that speed. So can they still bust you for that? or what if you just like to accelerate fast but follow speed limit?

In Michigan you could still be charged for racing; here it makes no difference how fast you end up going, only that you attempted to out perform the car next to you. Technically, they can also get you for accelerating too fast by yourself, with or without a second vehicle.

wreckless driving is the dumbest ticket out there. it cant be proven because it is such a broad wording. i had a cop try and give me wreckless driving and after he took almost 20min. to "watch his video footage" i said fine you do that and ill press charges for holding against my will and possible kidnapping. here where i live if an officer holds you for longer than 15 min without reason you can file holding against will. if you are under 21 after 15min it is possible to also charge an officer with kidnapping. i love counter laws. needless to say i got out of a lot of tickets that night and got to chew the POS out to and there was nothing he could do about it. even he confirmed that what i have said here is true. but after being such a power hungry pig he apologized so other than my ticket no harm was done.

disclaimer: officers are only pigs when they try to pin something on you that is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think this is awesome. I hope some stupid ricer tries to race one of them thinking his vtak is the shizzle and gets his economy car impounded for losing.
Just my opinion.

This is why i hate traffic cops.

I like police, but traffic cops annoy the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of me. They are just in it to make money.

Its ironic that i could get pulled over for accelerating up to the speed limit but the 95 year old lady beside me who cant see 10ft in front of her and who is driving 30 under the limit is apparently safer... What a crock of :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

I've known people to get pulled over for spinning tires when it is wet, display of power ticket my :censored:.

Also Zetec atx can burnout I've neutral dropped it before.

There cars do suck, I've outran many cops in my first contour an atx zetec!!!
Brought it to the back roads and didn't stand a chance.

Also where I live the cops actually cut a guys tint off his windows on the side of the road! And another cut his under lights off< not fan of those just a display of using power example>. Property damage!

Also in Johnson City I've have seen it more times than I can remember, cops in undercover stangs trying to get people to race. That is entrapment and usually when I see that happen I'll pull them over and tell them to press charges on there :censored:. Its not right they can do this.

I know the lieutenant of the Police station in Elizabethton and I always report scenes of this nature. He is one of those old cops that actually do there job and not prey on people that simply have a car hobby.

Also a tip with dealing them use the term grievance officer. Its the person who is over officers actions in the field, For example: You are not acting very becoming of an officer and I might have to report you to the grievance officer. He might laugh at first but when gets his butt kicked out of the station I'm sure it will put a grin on your face. 2-3 reports = lose of job, suspension or a fine for him.

I'm tire of taking crap from them. I've done it several times, they know my car well and there sure to stay away from it.

No to all of you LOL. It wasnt wet it was not on the road paint or dirt or anything of the sort. it was just a burn out stright up. LOL its not that hard to believe

Wow. Entrapment? Counter laws? WTF? So much of what I'm reading here is so funny, it's sad.

:rolleyes:

Back