• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got the Hoist up

Thanks. Working on a Tahoe transmission now, hope to get it done tomorrow. Then hopefully I can get some more work done on the shop.

Boy I'd hate to show you the garage I'm working out of. You have to tip toe through it to not step on anything. I've been porting the intakes of my 04 sable engine and finally pulled the engine/mtx out of the svt yesterday. Now I'll start moving stuff over and all that. Anyways, nice shop. I'm very jealous.

We could be - Looks like I will be working on Tropictour's Transmission. But if anyone would like to come and watch or do some stuff on the garage that would be cool.

PM me if you would like my address, Google maps points directly to our house and give exact directions. Thanks in advance.

Well, Saturday was a long day. Tropictour got here at 8:00. We pulled the tranny, exhaust manifolds, oil pan, alternator, power steering pump, clutch and flywheel. We then installed his new tranny, spec clutch, fidanza flywheel, underdrive pulleys, WeaponR headers Y-pipe, new alternator, and updated Oil pan.

While we did that Sleepr did some work on the shop for me. DDV stopped by and ran for some parts for us. Thanks for the help guys. It was a pretty productive day.

I got a couple pictures of Leif working on the Tour. I'll post later when I get them off the camera.
Paul

Yes it was a long day, but I had alot of fun and learned a bunch. I want to thank everyone that showed up to lend a hand especially Paul. Id still be working on it if it were not for you and that awesome shop of yours. :drool:
Also a big thanks to your wife for keeping us energized. Thanks to DDV for supplying the baffled oil pan/Mobil 1/Mobil 1 filter. I'll get you back asap for that. The trans does shift a little notchy but Im guessing that is part of the break-in process. But thanks again everyone, and tell Ben thanks for tightening those last few bolts and making us laugh towards the end. If you ever need any help with anything Im just a phone call away.
-tropictour

Wow, sounds like the CEG Garage is going nicely.

*Mental Note* When older, build garage and join car forum. Large amounts of free labor to be had.

We finished up around 7:30pm. Started around 8:30am. But, we were not pushing ourselves hard all day.

It was really great to meet and hang around with such a decent group of guys.

Paul,
How about another get-together later this month or early next where we can focus on your garage. I didn't get much done, what with Tropictour's car spread all over the building and you guys wanting to use the air on a regular basis! :rolleyes:

It was really great to meet and hang around with such a decent group of guys.

Paul,
How about another get-together later this month or early next where we can focus on your garage. I didn't get much done, what with Tropictour's car spread all over the building and you guys wanting to use the air on a regular basis! :rolleyes:
Yeah, and next time you can bring that 911. :drool:
-tropictour

I tried installing my FRPP short shifter today. Well it looks as if I have the older style shift tower. I need the spacer plate and not the plate that goes underneath my car. Sooo, Bugzuki you still making these? I need one asap.
-tropictour

Yes, I have three of them left. I am heading down to NewCastle area at lunch tomorrow to pick up another batch of intake plates. We could meet somewhere if you want. Too bad we did not have time to look at it while you were up here.

Give me a call. It's 25.00 for the plate, bolts and template.

I will need to wait til Friday. So maybe I could make a trip out to your place and pick it up/get all the stuff I left behind. :laugh:
-tropictour

You need to edit your signature. I don't remember you leaving much except the tranny. There were a couple little things. Let me know what you want to do.

Remember: Those wrenches are not yours! :)
Haha..yeah I gotta get a set of those. They are very helpful at times.
You need to edit your signature. I don't remember you leaving much except the tranny. There were a couple little things. Let me know what you want to do.
I think I left the oil pan too. I need that for my SE since it is leaking where Llane tapped for the Vortech oil line. Other than that, I just need to get you the parts for the trans. I know you will be away for a while and thats fine. I'll just collect them while your gone. So is it cool if I swing by around 4 on Saturday and get the plate?
-tropictour

edit: Signature edited

Last edited:
Remember: Those wrenches are not yours! :)

Those are still at my house. Looks like you will need to get some more. :)

Haha..yeah I gotta get a set of those. They are very helpful at times.

I think I left the oil pan too. I need that for my SE since it is leaking where Llane tapped for the Vortech oil line. Other than that, I just need to get you the parts for the trans. I know you will be away for a while and thats fine. I'll just collect them while your gone. So is it cool if I swing by around 4 on Saturday and get the plate?
-tropictour

edit: Signature edited

You signature is better now. Good luck on the shifter install.

Back