• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L conversions in OK, TX, KS?

Most likely any shop will do motor work. Just tell them what you want and i'm sure they'll do it. But be ready to fork over some cash. I'm waiting for Jon(98contoursvt) and Tom(kscontourkid) to do Jon's motor swap, then try to convince them to help me on mine.:help:

3L conversions in OK, TX, KS

Most likely any shop will do motor work. Just tell them what you want and i'm sure they'll do it. But be ready to fork over some cash. I'm waiting for Jon(98contoursvt) and Tom(kscontourkid) to do Jon's motor swap, then try to convince them to help me on mine.:help:

Hoping to find someone that would be familiar w/swap. Kinda in a auto "wasteland" here. Thinking there might be someone in OKC, Dallas, or KC w/some experience w/swap......LOL

ok im here... lol right... to business... i am helping Jon with his swap and that my not happen till this summer. i have decided that we will be attempting a full 3L swap rather than the HYBRID styl i have in my car. yes 99redCSVT i would be glad to help you with your swap.

jdavid where are you located and what type of swap are you wanting to do? more info on your vehicle etc and i might be able to make it a little easier on you

ok im here... lol right... to business... i am helping Jon with his swap and that my not happen till this summer. i have decided that we will be attempting a full 3L swap rather than the HYBRID styl i have in my car. yes 99redCSVT i would be glad to help you with your swap.

jdavid where are you located and what type of swap are you wanting to do? more info on your vehicle etc and i might be able to make it a little easier on you

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Tulsa.
Car is '98, 73K, Konis, Eibachs, Aussie bar, MSDS, etc. It's a nice car.

I'd be looking for a full 3L, although I'd wanna use SVT intakes, so I might look at the LIM that Nautilus has to allow using oval ports w/UIM. And, if I'm gonna swap a moto, just as soon replace ring & bearings. I could get that done. Just have limited room and skills to do the swap.

With the help of the forums you'll easily be able to do it your self. It's not nearly as hard as it seems. Room is something you can never have to much of though. Also as long as the engine is in good shape the rod bearings are really the only thing you want to bother with internally.

yes 99redCSVT i would be glad to help you with your swap.

Yeah, only said that due to Raptor saying he talked to you about it. Plus Jon is both our names. Imagine that. But yeah, seems like you got stuff planned out. Maybe after Jon and I's swap we can just go on a spree of them. I got the garage and compressor. Need to get a cherry picker and engine stand and we'll be set for anyone.

^^^^are you saying you have one up for grabs or are you gloating that you have a 3L and it's waiting to come out and play in the summer? Just wait, we'll have 3L's and sportin' the SC with style.

It'd be cool to meet up with some CSVT people here next year. I know one dude works at the Ford dealer called United Ford? Off of South Memorial?

You should see if he will hook me up for a complete gasket kit. That's what I'm having trouble with finding.

I've never physically met the guy. He contacted me through CEG and said he worked there, i drove through the lot there and never saw a CSVT anywhere. So???? I dont know. Maybe some other people on here, know him?

Duratec Maintenance (since you are maintaining the car) in the "READ FIRST" thread.

Bill J, or Steve @Tousley Ford are both cheap.. either COULD be cheaper than the other on differing parts. check them both and get it from one of them.. they are great!

hey jdavid...i'm very interested in doing a 3L swap also, and i'm local!:laugh: i've never done one on a tour but i have worked on all kinds of cars..mostly stuff with at least 5L though...but when i get the fundage i would like to trade my zetec for a duratec, i think...

any more word on what you want to do? have you talked to joey about the LIM piece he sells? PM me if you have any questions. i can walk you through just about everything.

LIM

LIM

No, I haven't talked to Joey. It looks like a cool piece. I need to find out more specific info.

call him up. he doesnt bite. i believe it is around $300 for his piece but im not sure. i am building a full 3L for 99RedCSVT(Jon) in lawrence this weekend. we will post results. personally if i did another 3L that is the way id go. full oval port with the 3L intake but id use svt cams for the high rpm mayhem.

Back