• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Misdirected Vents/Air-Flow?

Snipey

Veteran CEG'er
I've had this odd problem since i got the car, can't really pinpoint why it happens, it seems random... but improves the longer i keep using the chosen vents.

-Air flow goes to the defrost vents and not the panel/floor when panel/floor is chosen.
-Also does the same when using AC or other options. (Always comes out defrost vents)
-Eventually...it seems.. the air flow comes out of the corrects vents and almost always stays that way. (once its correct, it stays correct)
-Sometimes when theres no vents on at all, air comes out of the defrost vents when i start the car.

my 95 is also doing something similar. often when I turn the air on it will come out the defroster only. if I turn the defroster on first then slowly turn back to the panel or A/C it will be fine. Othertimes it just slowly moves from defroster to what I pick, panel, floor, etc ...

This is a symptom of a vacuum leak, usually in the supply line or source to the control head.

Check hose, checkvalves, reservoir, etc.

Steve

Back