• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

dont worry harry. u'll get your chance. my money's on the fact that someone will buy an srt4 again, and we'll get to do this all over again. i probably won't as i've explained my view already. besides, the mods have marked me for disturbing the peace :laugh:

You should probably move to Mexico and get a new identity...:laugh:

j/k

:laugh: actually, iirc there was an option when i was registering on ceg a few years ago of wanting to be in the unruly protection program just in case. i certainly hope i clicked that box.:laugh:

dont worry harry. u'll get your chance. my money's on the fact that someone will buy an srt4 again, and we'll get to do this all over again. i probably won't as i've explained my view already. besides, the mods have marked me for disturbing the peace :laugh:

3-4 months max. im just worried the old pictures thread will have an srt4 and a contour show up in it, and start it all over again.
on a side note my rooomate was on some chan forum and said they were having an argument involving srt4s as well, go figure?:shrug:

3-4 months max. im just worried the old pictures thread will have an srt4 and a contour show up in it, and start it all over again.
on a side note my rooomate was on some chan forum and said they were having an argument involving srt4s as well, go figure?:shrug:

We're jealous because they rape 'tour in the 1/4:laugh:

Seriously,

What part of all of you douche bags getting your vagina's annihilated by my fist didn't set in?

Mad : You like your srt-4, you don't like the SVT. thats cool, now piss off.

Bad: Learn some grammar and sentence structure and you can convey your point a lot easier. You like your SVT, you dont like the SRT. Thats cool, now piss off.

MX: You're one of the gays.

Mexican: I hate you.

The rest of you: *shaking my fist in the direction of your Vahgs*

you're cute when you try to be all moderater-y on us. :laugh: :eek:

You gotta remember, though, the Contour is much older than your SRT. Did you expect the two cars to have similar repair needs? Most definitely not :nonono:. The SRT won't be needing silly things like swaybar endlinks, LCA's, ball joints, suspension, sensors, etc., any time soon. If you take age out of the equation, the cars are very comparable...

When I bought my svt it was only 4 years old with under 50k miles. I wasn't referring to the "wear and tear" items.

here's one of my main outlooks.

I don't entirely hate the SRT-4, they're cheap, they're fast, they're a quick way to get a boosted FWD sport compact.

The reason i don't like them a lot of the time is because of who's behind the wheel. there are TONS of kids who get their parents to buy them one (not saying that this is the case with doug) and then they think they're the coolest kid ever because they have a fast car.

I can honestly think of maybe 4 SRT owners i've met, that i didn't think were completely retarded.

If someone gave me the keys to one, yea i'd drive it, but i would do everything in my power to not be associated with the majority of SRT-4 owners.

I certainly agree. I am almost 30 and hate to be associated with the 16 year old kids who drive these cars, but at the same time it's a performance bargain. If I wanted a comfortable cruiser I would have kept the contour. I have the SRT4 because I enjoy more "spirited" driving on a daily basis and appreciate the extra performance. Is the SRT4 an amazing drivers car? Of course not. I personally never thought I'd own one until I drove it for myself. I was hooked. It's just unfortunate that some of the younger kids give these cars a bad rep.

awww, i didn't make the list:cry:

Don't worry Harry, you fall under the "Rest of you:" category! :laugh:

Really I'm just posting to get my post count up... maybe I'll poke my head in there too and add my .02 ...again.

First of all, you are dumb for trying to just get your post count up and if I was a mod I'd shoot you an infraction. Second of all, you are dumb because posts here don't count for squat. Third of all, I don't want you poking your head anywhere adding your pointless .02 just trying to raise your post count. Fourth of all, did I mention you are dumb?

The contour is NOT FAST in a straight line. Even with a turbo 3L it fails to get traction.

I love how so many people post sh*t about a car they have never owned. But I guess airhead comments from the resident douche are pretty common by now and we have all learned to ignore him and his color changing mustang. :)

u = you in retard

U = U in you never bought me the beer you owe me when at BWW. :p

First of all, you are dumb for trying to just get your post count up and if I was a mod I'd shoot you an infraction. Second of all, you are dumb because posts here don't count for squat. Third of all, I don't want you poking your head anywhere adding your pointless .02 just trying to raise your post count. Fourth of all, did I mention you are dumb?
Obviously you missed my humor, had no idea I had to watch everything I say so as not to upset the mighty reebs, maybe one day all your awsomeness will net you one of those mod accounts your shooting for. Obviously I'm not doing quite as well as you in the post count category, so I'm sure I just need to humble myself and learn a thing or two from you (ok see there is an example of sarcasm that I typically employ, albeit a bit more obvious here than in previous posts).
Secondly my comments were not pointless, they're extremely valid and pertinent to reference the fact that this topic comes up all the time, i'm not so sure what your problem is, I never called you out or said something you said was incorrect, that your opinion was illogical, or that your mother is a whore.:shrug: so...wth?
calm down, man. if you're super upset about some srt-4 fact that I misrepresented, call me out on it, correct me, and granted I'm not the funniest guy in the world, and I OBVIOUSLY have problems communicating that to you, give me a break.

Last edited:
Back