• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye....

Ford dumped the contour after they realized springs were breaking on people causing them to crash!

you guys just don't want to accept the fact the srt4 is a far better NEON... then your svt.

at least our drivetrains are bulletproof.

and crash test ratings on contour was Poor http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=41

Least the neon got average...

Huh, How about this

NHTSA Crash-Test Results
Test 1999 Contour

Front Impact, Driver 5

Front Impact, Passenger 4

Out of a 1-5 rating with a 5 being the best. Go figure. And honestly, have you seen how many people on this site that have been in serious accidents with their tour and they almost all walk away with out a scratch?

And by all your arguing that the tour is a bad car is like me saying that when my wife had a neon she had to have the head gasket replaced 2 times. So all SRT-4 are bad because they are a neon. You are using the same type of logic on the SVT....it just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
what, it's going to cost you more than $1K to come to SZ?

here, i'll give you three options...

1) pick any contour that is already planning on coming to SZ, put up $1,000, and we'll race them. then you don't have to bring your pile of crap to MI just to have your ass handed to you.

2) bring your pile of crap to MI for SZ, and we'll race for $5,000. if you win, it will cover all of your expenses. if you lose, i guess it won't cover a tow back to NV.

3) punk out after running your mouth and not backing it up.

please pick one so i can be done with this.

thanks.

and WTF are you talking about? arcade? :shrug:

these losers arent gonna let this go are they? how about this ex-racer or wotever ur name is...? u take ur pile of crap as u've so eloquently put it and put it away or sumthn. am not gonna stoop to ur neanderthal thinking. unfortunately, u're intelligence is so subpar, or should i say mopar:laugh: that u couldnt see the much much cheaper option. i race my buddy who's upgrading to a stage 2, film it and post it here just to shut u up. and what do you know? i've saved 1000dollars or more. think b4 u type more often dude. oh!, and the arcade thing?, :laugh: looked at ur sig recently?

Does this guy own a contour? If not, why is he on here? Its not like we go over to his forums and start crap. Some people.....

You think a 1997-1999 neon

250px-1997-99_Dodge_Neon_Coupe.jpg

250px-1st-Dodge-Neon.jpg

Is better than 1999 ford contour all around???

800px-1995-Ford-Contour.jpg

2000.ford.contour.3733-396x249.jpg

Quoted for truth.

I'm gonna sell my SVT, buy an SRT-4 and roll up to SZ in it just to piss everyone off. :laugh: Mad_Medeiros, everything you're saying is falling on deaf ears. They'll never listen. I see the pros and cons to both the cars, which is why I love both of them for different reasons.

But seriously, after this thread, I'm dumber. :cry:
smartchart.jpg

1) Mad_Medeiros=BAN HIM. Has he ever even owned or driven a Contique, let alone a CSVT?

2) My buddy has a newer neon. ABSOLUTELY HATES the thing. The only reason he drives it is because he inherited it, his little sister wrecked his car, and he's paying his way through Kettering (private university) so he can't afford to get anything else.

3) Neon owners are stupid. There's this big fat guy that I run into on my way to work in my Jetta. He has a yellow neon that he has tried to make look like an SRT-4, so he thinks that he's hot :censored::censored::censored::censored:. He tries to mess with me and I put lengths on him BEFORE THE TURBO EVEN SPOOLS UP, and I do not EVER launch my cars. Sounds like a lawnmower when he tries to go places. Somehow, he never seems to learn though, because he does it every time he sees me.

I'm not saying that the SRT-4 is not faster than a CSVT stock vs. stock, but to each his own. I'll stick with my cars.

I'm a little late to this thread, but from what I've actually seen at the track, I can tell you the SRT-4s' are not that fast. A guy with a stage 2 build up, was running 14.0's at the track at about 101 mph. I plan on running in the 14's this spring with my 3.0 SVT Contour, and this fall after a tune and tires, I plan on running 13's. that's N/A. Now from a roll, the Neon might be ok, but let's see what I run, and the bs can stop. I'll keep the board updated on my times. Plus you have to admit, the Contour is a lot better looking car.

I'm gonna sell my SVT, buy an SRT-4 and roll up to SZ in it just to piss everyone off. :laugh: Mad_Medeiros, everything you're saying is falling on deaf ears. They'll never listen. I see the pros and cons to both the cars, which is why I love both of them for different reasons.

But seriously, after this thread, I'm dumber. :cry:
smartchart.jpg

c'mon tony. u can't be that dumb. seriously, i know there are two around here somewhere :laugh:. and we do see their point tony. SOME of what they said about the contour negatives actually had merit. This is where i'll leave this debate. until i or someone else with a boosted 3L actually races and posts his win on here, we're all wasting bandwith.

1) Mad_Medeiros=BAN HIM. Has he ever even owned or driven a Contique, let alone a CSVT?

2) My buddy has a newer neon. ABSOLUTELY HATES the thing. The only reason he drives it is because he inherited it, his little sister wrecked his car, and he's paying his way through Kettering (private university) so he can't afford to get anything else.

3) Neon owners are stupid. There's this big fat guy that I run into on my way to work in my Jetta. He has a yellow neon that he has tried to make look like an SRT-4, so he thinks that he's hot :censored::censored::censored::censored:. He tries to mess with me and I put lengths on him BEFORE THE TURBO EVEN SPOOLS UP, and I do not EVER launch my cars. Sounds like a lawnmower when he tries to go places. Somehow, he never seems to learn though, because he does it every time he sees me.

I'm not saying that the SRT-4 is not faster than a CSVT stock vs. stock, but to each his own. I'll stick with my cars.

BOOOO HOOOO, ahahahahahahah ive owned a contour atx and se mtx, but once again you can't read... and I also sold my civic

srt4 owns svtc whoever is running 14s at 101 mph on stage2 can't drive

ill race anyone

It's amusing your chopping down the American market. I really want to know what your country offers in the car market? Oh let me see canada builds what type of cars?

we actually build all the honda civics, ridgelines, and csx's.. we also build most gm trucks, and every toyota corolla/matrix and lexus suv's

we use to build alot of fords up here as well but they closed most of there plants.

get your facts right we also build alot of pontiacs at cammy off the 401

you'de be suprised how many car plants southern ontario has now, detroit isn't to happy about how we build most foreign cars either

the only think Canada does is get paid to assemble parts from the manufacture. Who cars where there built? But there are no car companys that originated out of canada is there if so there only in canada.

Whether you have a stage 2 SRT-4 neon its still a NEON and if you have a turbo 3.0l SVT contour its still a CONTOUR.

we actually build all the honda civics, ridgelines, and csx's.. we also build most gm trucks, and every toyota corolla/matrix and lexus suv's

we use to build alot of fords up here as well but they closed most of there plants.

get your facts right we also build alot of pontiacs at cammy off the 401

you'de be suprised how many car plants southern ontario has now, detroit isn't to happy about how we build most foreign cars either

You guys do everything mexico does, but less. :laugh: Plus they are cheaper, we give you guys work or your country would fall flat on its face.

Maybe you can't read? So what car manufacturer headquaters is based in canada?

BOOOO HOOOO, ahahahahahahah ive owned a contour atx and se mtx, but once again you can't read... and I also sold my civic

srt4 owns svtc whoever is running 14s at 101 mph on stage2 can't drive

ill race anyone

I'm not going to read 23 pages of junk to see what you've had. All I see is a civic in your signature.

At the end of the day the SRT-4 is faster.

Im sure you could spend 10000 and be just as fast as a corvette... but then you have a contour and i have a corvette... big deal.

The SRT-4 is a MUCH better platform for modding, the SVT has oiling issues, transmission issues, your differential will blow, the clutch cant handle much power.. its just a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty platform to make fast in a straight line...simple as that.

But it dosent really matter, both cars are pretty slow in the real world of things, a stock mustang GT will beat both stock... and a mustang GT isnt rare.

Back